Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sepulchralx

cold sore in new places on lip.. does virus migrate?

2 posts in this topic

Usually have outbreak on upper right side of lip, last winter started having them on bottom right side for the first time.. today i got a ob on the bottom left side of lip..

They are painless tiny blisters... Does the virus migrate? How after 5 years of remembrance do i have cold sores for the first time on the right side of my mouth?

I'm using the Herpotherm (hotkiss) and i'll let you all know how it works out.. It totally stopped one of my obs that i could actually feel the tingling of.

I wonder if, when you stifled that outbreak, the virus got slick and decided to pop up in a new spot? Given that HSV travels down nerve bundles and the outbreaks occur at nerve endings, it is logical that a sore could pop up at a different nerve ending than the usual one. But I see your point about it not following it's usual pattern. Just goes to show this virus is tricky. I know for me I get sores in the same spots usually, but every now and then a sore will pop up on a different spot on my vagina or anus.

Morning

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Delphinium
      Bf and I are seroconcordant so not worried about spread/suppressive therapy for his protection.....was just curious for outbreak management how others take their antivirals. I don't want another outbreak as bad as the first one.
    • Tonya
      Hi choosehappy, i agree this website is very helpful and you will meet some very supportive people in the chat room. You will make it through this and just remember that you are not alone. 
    • WilsoInAus
      But @Seeker1960 your real issue is that you are being smite. Carefully consider the following. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. This is why you are a seeker, a searcher for the way out of the valley of darkness. You know the way, forgiveness is in the journey that shall lift the plague and pestilence, bless you and good luck!
    • Peeved
    • Lisajd
      We have all been where you are so please understand that you will be ok it does take time.  You'll get plenty of support and information from this site but first of all what type do you have exactly and how are you diagnosed. What I would suggest to you is do some research and learn as much as you can about the virus because I really will help and it will help you to understand what you need to do going forward in terms of being able to live a normal life because many people have this and it shouldn't stop me from doing anything that you have always wanted to do. 
    • TravelingTeacher
      Was just diagnosed yesterday and I am on the verge of a complete breakdown. 
    • Beachguy
      Hi, I have been to several doctors including 2 dermatologist to evaluate a rash (Not HSV). This has been very persistent and on my neck for over a month.  The medicine they prescribed help but very slowly. I also recently picked up Terri Warren's ebook and I saw she suggested burow's solution AKA Domeboro Astringent Solution. (Available everywhere OTC) This stuff is amazing after 3 application it reduced the rash over 90 percent. According to the book and medicine it treats HSV, Shingles, and general rashes.  Just wanted to share with everyone and hope if helps anyone. BeachGuy  
    • BoatyMcBoatface
      I think of it like bedbugs in NYC. You will think, "I'm not dirty..my place is clean. I'll never get bedbubgs." They're everywhere in the city. Subway benches, offices, stores, movie theaters..etc.. I have had them. Several people I know have had them too and there is shame also with mentioning you have them! I remember the only thing I had worry about telling a guy if he stayed over was the bedbugs. It was a little like disclosing an STD lol. Now I would happily trade herpes for bedbugs.
    • herpdeherpherp
      Hi A'lanna, Correct me if I'm wrong here, male readers, but I think men tend to be fixers. When we women come to them upset or with problems, it makes them upset, and they want to make us happy again. So they start suggesting solutions or they try to brighten our mood - if this doesn't work, they get frustrated and feel useless. Whereas we women mostly need/want to talk problems out - we want to vent, express how we feel, and then we feel better, regardless of whether the problem is fixed or not. To men, this looks like we're going round in circles  Perhaps you could try asking him for exactly what you need/want when you feel down? E.g. "could you please listen to me/hug me" and once he's done it, thank him and tell him it helped? Him saying he "always has to lift you up from a bad mood" sounds to me like he cares about you and wants to protect/help you. He feels personally responsible when you're sad. He wants to help, he wants to make you happy, but is frustrated because he doesn't know how. Please disregard if not helpful. Just my two cents from noticing my similar patterns with previous exes. One used to freak out whenever I cried about something. When I told him how helpful it was when he just gave me a hug, or sat and listened, he seemed to feel much better... he just needed to feel useful.
    • crazypuglady
      Thank you so much for your responses! I have been looking into chinese medicine and keen to try it.
  • Featured