World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bassrunner

Struggling. :(

bassrunner

Hello everyone...

Wow this is kinda hard for me to write... I've known about my herpes since about July of this year, although that was apparently not my first breakout. My first was in January of 08. I thought it was an allergic reaction to clove cigs. So I quit those and the sores went away... and then they came back in July.

ARRGGG!!

I was soo angry to find out I had herpes. I went to a few different places to get multiple opinions for someone to tell me the other doctors were wrong. But no one did. I'm still really angry... I'm not dealing with this too well, but it's hard when I have the best girlfriend ever and would love to kiss her all the time, but can't because of how frequent my breakouts are... (she doesn't have it.)

Yea that's another thing... As I was told, I would have breakouts every few months or so, thats what the doctors were wrong about. It started that way, but I now have them every 3 to 5 weeks. It's so stressful for me.

But finally I decided to do some research and learn about what I have, which lead me here. I'm hoping I can get a lot of help and encouragement from people who know what I'm going through.

Oh, one more thing... I have no idea how I received this awesome disease. I'm by no means promiscuous, so I don't get it... I often do the "Why me?" I'm quite angry with God about this, and other things that happen in my life.

But no I'm trying to look up... with every new outbreak, I spend less and less time pissed off about it, but it's still hard. I could use some help with a lot.

Thanks for reading. :|

casptoot68

I'm new to this site too. However, I've had this awsome virus since college back in...02 my fabulous bf cheated on me and I found out because he gave it to me. I know it really sucks right now with the out breaks and all that but there is hope! Mine started like that too and then the longer I had it the longer between the outbreaks. After about 2 years I hardly got them anymore...maybe 2 a year. I haven't had an outbreak in about a 1 1/2 now 6 yrs later. This is a very ugly virus to live w/ but after a while you forget you have it, I promise. The only thing now is that I'm crossing that boundry about when its right to tell a person you have it and will they look at you differently. Don't hate God because you contracted it...honestly God gets me through the rough times...like rejection. I've now just had the guts to come out w/ my partner...and let me tell you...rejection hurt the same as when I learned I got it. Hang in there though...it does get better and some days you dont even think about it.

Morning

Oh, one more thing... I have no idea how I received this awesome disease. I'm by no means promiscuous, so I don't get it... I often do the "Why me?" I'm quite angry with God about this, and other things that happen in my life.

But no I'm trying to look up... with every new outbreak, I spend less and less time pissed off about it, but it's still hard. I could use some help with a lot.

Thanks for reading. :|

Social stigma is what has lead many to think that promiscuity is what leads one down the HSV path, but not true. And who really knows how you got this. Some many people have it and experience no symptoms so it could have been passed on by a kiss from a relative, or an ex, who knows really. If you blame God for the bad stuff, do you also thank God for the good stuff? Like not having a more debilitating disease? And having a supportive girlfriend? And having the chance to rise above this adversity which will likely make you stronger? Being pissed is second nature in the beginning but it will get better. And as your body builds antibodies, the outbreaks will likely lessen. Chin up buddy.

Morning

Ultra Violet

see my comments in your other thread. We hear ya. It will get better! I'm glad you have a great girlfriend!