World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Condemmedsoul

Help me I have questions!!

Condemmedsoul

Last month I was diagnosed with HSV-2. But for some reason I don't think I have herpes. I don't know if its denial or what. But anyways, my IGg test came back 2.82 positive so I accepted it, and just looked at it as if well I will live. But I never had an outbreak that I know of. I have even shaved my vagina bald so if I do have a outbreak I would be able to see it if its mild.(lol). But anyways I have been having these small rashes on my arms, and my inner thigh really close to my knee it iches almost everynight, My back iches but only my spine, I have night sweats, and now I keep breaking out with read bumps on my face. I never had to deal with acne so I don't think its that. Is this just apart of herpes, or do I have something else, or something else along with herpes? And what are the chances of having a false negative with the IGg test? Please help.

Morning
Last month I was diagnosed with HSV-2. But for some reason I don't think I have herpes. I don't know if its denial or what. But anyways, my IGg test came back 2.82 positive so I accepted it, and just looked at it as if well I will live. But I never had an outbreak that I know of. I have even shaved my vagina bald so if I do have a outbreak I would be able to see it if its mild.(lol). But anyways I have been having these small rashes on my arms, and my inner thigh really close to my knee it iches almost everynight, My back iches but only my spine, I have night sweats, and now I keep breaking out with read bumps on my face. I never had to deal with acne so I don't think its that. Is this just apart of herpes, or do I have something else, or something else along with herpes? And what are the chances of having a false negative with the IGg test? Please help.

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with HSV. Never easy to get that news. Are you thinking that you don't have it because you haven't had an outbreak? What made you get tested for HSV to begin with because it's not included with the usual STD panel? From perusing this site, I have found out that some people experience symptoms that span beyond the common red bumps/blisters/sores that we typically get. So what you've experience could very well be outbreaks. If that's the case you should be taking precautions not to pass it to other parts of your body or to others. Universal precautions should be used...avoiding touching the areas with symptoms, frequent hand washing and abstaining from sexual contact when having symptoms. I would return to the dr to find out whether these symptoms may not be better explained by another condition. False positives are possible; couldn't hurt to be retested. But you should know that it is quite common for people to have HSV and experience no symptoms. One should consider themselves lucky not to deal with the nuissance of outbreaks but bear in mind that responsibility accompanies a diagnosis of HSV; you should inform anyone you plan to be intimate with that you have HSV because they deserve a choice about their health. Glad you found this site. Welcome.

Morning

Condemmedsoul

re:

Morning,

Thank you for responding. Well the reason I don't think I have herpes is not just because I don't have outbreaks. You know when you get the feeling that something is just not right, well I have that feeling. Sometimes I get sharp pains in my vagina, my body feels weak, and even sometimes my toes and finger feel numb.I have light headaches when the iching starts, and sometimes it don't even feel like a headache it fells like a needle was stuck in my brain, my eyes hurts almost all the time. I got checked for all STD because my son's father had admited that he had cheated on me and I wanted to make sure I was clean. But end up finding out that I have herpes which was the same time I found out I had chamydia and gonnherra. I just don't feel comfortable in my body at all and I don't know what it could be. I've been trying to do research on any disease that could be misdiagnosed as herpes, and looking for something that has my symptoms, in case it might be someting else along with herpes. I just don't know. I get upset because I know something is wrong with my body, but the doctor says its nothing. For example when I was diagnosed the nurse told me that I had herpes and to call if I had an outbreak and they would give me a prescription. She didn't tell me what type I had or anything. I have to call her to find out what type I had. It may just be me worring too much.

Morning

Ill at ease

It's a terrible feeling to feel discomfort in your body and feel like something isnt right. So the 2 issues I see here is feeling uncertain about if you truly have HSV and the other issue is feeling as though your body isn't right. They are separate but related issues. I'll say again thatmany people have HSV and don't have symptoms so don't let that be your only reason for thinking you don't have it. But to feel more sure about things, if I were you I would get a second opinion. I would go back to your doctor and ask to be re-tested AND/OR go to another doctor and get tested. Tell them of the symptoms you have been experiencing. If you can chronicle what you experience when the symptoms occur, the frequency, duration, and intensity, this is helpful info for your dr. They may decide that you need further testing to figure out what is happening (CAT scan, MRI). Or it may be that your body is getting used to having HSV. Let us know how it goes. We're here to support.

Morning