World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
coolmanvan

Girl with oral herpes gives oral sex with condom -- what are odds of infection?

coolmanvan

Ok, I was stupid, it's now 2 days later and so far no symptoms.

Sunday evening at 10pm I hooked up with a girl who had what looked like some acne around her mouth... my gut instinct wasn't to do anything but eventually I ended up getting protected oral sex from her (I was wearing condom).

I also had my hands around her waist and was sucking on her breasts for a bit, but we did NOT kiss on the lips. She lightly kissed my stomach 3 times on her way down to my penis.

QUESTION:

I don't know for sure if she HAS herpes but I'm thinking worst case scenario here. If she does have oral herpes -- what are the odds that I may contract it from PROTECTED (me wearing condom) oral sex, no kissing, and me sucking on her boobs?

ie, minimal, medium, high, or guaranteed risk of transmission?

Thanks... I'm a bit freaked out and should have listened to my gut!!!

HC2000

well, i would suggest just to make sure that you go out and get some medication...i think i read that it may be possible to combat and get rid of the virus at the early stages. So basically lets just say that you got it, well rush out and get some

acyclovir or valtrex

and just start taking that. Those drugs kill the virus, acyclovir does so there may be a chance that you can get it out of your system. The virus is probably still replicating so you know, get it while its weak...

also generally anyone that has gotten it for the first time will usually have an outbreak in about 1-2 weeks time. Still you could be a person with a good immune system and other factors that just make the virus go into hiding, and it may pop up next month, or next year, or 10 years down the line. It varies from person to person.

- OK so basically you got that, i would suggest that you go out and get either one of those medications that i told you and just start taking them for the next 2-4 weeks. I am no doctor, but i have read allot of herpes and shit.

Next, just incase you do get an outbreak, i would suggest you to be prepared for it. Nothing is more embarrassing or painful than getting your first outbreak, it will probably be big and bad!

things you should get

- lysine, preferibly 500-1000mg and if you get an outbreak start popping those pill caps like CANDY!!!

- Also you should consider getting something to directly fight off and kill the virus on contact, and reduce healing time. So basically it would be either the ointment found at every CVS or walgreeens called ABREVA

Also i would consider buying a VyGONe zapper!

http://www.vygone.com/

it will set you back 130-150 bucks, but that may seem like a lot, but in the long run ITS WORTH IT!

regret

its possible it was acne,, why dont oyu ask her if she get coldsores? well if she was having an outbreak during that time yes you could get it,but if you dont get any symptoms of burning itching tingling feeling im guessing you have nothing to worry about ,,if your concerned you will have to wait 3 mo to get tested by them taking your blood ,,it takes 3 mo for the antibodies to show up in your blood,or if you break out on your chest go to the dr. that day and have them swab it to test it

liedto
well, i would suggest just to make sure that you go out and get some medication...i think i read that it may be possible to combat and get rid of the virus at the early stages. So basically lets just say that you got it, well rush out and get some

acyclovir or valtrex

and just start taking that. Those drugs kill the virus, acyclovir does so there may be a chance that you can get it out of your system. The virus is probably still replicating so you know, get it while its weak...

well I agree the first part of that. I think you should get on the drugs right away. even if you cannot stop the virus before you get it, the drugs will help make it so that it is less likely to recur and if so, will do so less frequently and with less severity. But if you go into a doctor telling them the story you told us they will not give it to you. I generally like to try and be as truthful as possible with people, but you need to remember doctors just play the odds; the worst thing that could ever happen to them if they did make a mistake is a financial lawsuit. they have no reason to be overly cautious because it is not their health (something completely irreplaceable and far more important that all the money in the world) in jeopardy; so you need to tell them something to give them real concern. e.g. that the girl told you she had it after you HAD UNPROTECTED SEX with her. and that you felt swelling in one side or the other of your groin area. If s/he says that you don't have it, (which absent lab results they often will do even when they know better) explain that even though Valtrex may not be very healthy for a person, that using it for a month surely would do no longterm harm incase you did have it (although only add this last bit if nothing else is getting you the pills).

it is important that you get on these right away because if you do have it, the drugs will prevent the virus form replicating, (they don't actually kill it; your body does that) and the fewer copies of the virus that are made the more you can destroy before the copies travel into your nerve ganglion and are there forever.

And yes you probably should talk to this girl too, but get th pills asap. and bring your wallet too Valtrex is about $400 for 30 pills if you don't have insurance.

ntdc

hate to bump an old thread but FAMVIR is actually shown in a small study to be significantly more effective than acyclovir in treating early herpes outbreaks

The review was based on 87 patients with the herpes simplex virus who were treated for five days with either famciclovir 250 mg three times daily or acyclovir 200 mg five times daily. Only one (4.2 percent) of the famciclovir-treated patients reported a recurrence within one to six months after the first outbreak compared to 12 (19 percent) of the acyclovir-treated patients.

http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/D29E.htm