World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sunshineinuri

Grossed Out

sunshineinuri

So I had my first outbreak and it started on one side and then there was a mirror image of it on the other side...It was so disgusting I think i counted like 13/14 differnt sores all differnt sizes.

Is that what ppl have experienced with their first outbreak or any other outbreaks to have that many and to get sores on either side of the inside of the vagina?

I Like Cake

I am in the middle of my first ob. It started about a week ago. Luckily I have only one sore on one side so far it seems like it hasn't spread...yet. I hope it doesn't, although I am kind of paranoid about it. I still have some more of my primary outbreak to finish.

The doctor perscribed me Valtrex which I read is supposed to slow the growth and spread of the herpes virus. Hopefully it does just that.

I sorry about what you are dealing with. I can't imagine having that many.

Melben20

about your outbreak

Im having the same confusion as you. Though mine was only minor red like sores, there were about 3 small ones on one side. But i had swelling of the area between the anal and vaginal hole and extreme itching/pain at first. The itching hasnt stopped and its been almost a month, plus the swelling has come and gone daily the last month as well. What im realizing though (Since my primary was hit back to back with a secondary minus the sores, just swelling and itching) is that there are a multitude of symptoms people seem to have. Mine didnt look as bad as i thought it would but it hurt like nothing ive ever experienced and the pain went all the up butt and front crack. I think im responding badly to the acyclovir. Ive been feeling really strange, like im exhausted but really ancy and agitated, like something is wrong but nothing really is. Its making me feel just weird, out of touch with reality almost and full of anxiety over it. Anyway, sidetrack sorry, i think we will experience many things that seem new and scary and eventually it will all become second nature, i hope.

daisydew

I experienced the same thing as you during my first outbreak. I had 15+ sores and quite a few were open lesions. I was really grossed out by it too, but there's not much we can really do about it. Just keep everything really dry down there and hopefully they will heal up soon. Take your vitamins and get lots of rest. Your outbreaks should be less severe as your body gets used to the virus. Hang in there..I know it's rough!