World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
SunshineLady

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

SunshineLady

Thank you for this website. Before coming here, I had no idea that a cold sore was so serious. I didn't know Herpes I could be transferred to genitals. I didn't know people could get as sick from an outbreak of Herpes I.

I'm from the generation when cold sores were called "fever blisters" and, aside from not kissing someone when you had an active lesion, no one thought anything of it, so thank you for educating me.

Thank you for sharing your stories, they had more of an impact on me than any clinical report could ever have had. My own doctor was dismissive of transmission through oral sex without a lesion as well as dismissing the seriousness of having Oral Herpes I at all, but you're stories carried far more weight with me. I don't care how long the odds are, I don't want to give this to anyone.

Thank you for being so kind to me and calming me when I was so freaked out. Because of this, I was able to talk to my lover calmly and explain everything I had learned about Herpes I and the steps to take to avoid transmitting it, and he is fine.

Thank you so much because I believe this website and each person's story has increased the likelihood tenfold that I will never transfer this virus to anyone.

anna99

Hey Sunshine,

Thanks backatcha. As one who was formerly clueless and got genital HSV1 through oral sex when no coldsores were present nor disclosed, it is refreshing to read your commitment to educating yourself and your partner and not passing it on...and on....and on...