World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Luv2travel

new and saying hello!

Luv2travel

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I just wanted to say I really like your website! I like the type of information you have, as well as the way you present it! I hope to get to know more people with herpes, and I'm looking for some advice about natural supplements, and combinations that have worked for others. I'm trying to stay healthy and have shorter/ fewer outbreaks. Well if you have tried any supplements/ herb combinations that work well for you let me know!

Morning

Welcome to the site. I've just started experimenting with l-lysine in the past few months. Used to be on Valtrex for years but couldn't afford it recently because of lack of insurance. Now that I have insurance again, don't think I'm going back to Valtrex. I'll keep trying the lysine and see how it goes. I also take vitamin C to prevent colds and I hear that it helps to prevent outbreaks too.

Morning

Luv2travel

thanks!

thank you for telling me what works for you! I have insurance for one more year so I can still get the Valtrex, but I was wondering if you have taken lysine with valtrex and if you felt it made any difference? I have been thinking about just going natural for a while and seeing how I feel. I got really sick and had to go to the doctor two days ago. I had to see a new one and when she looked through my meds she turned and looked at me then said “you have genital herpes”? I was thinking first you’re a doctor, and second yes lady I don’t take valtrex for fun! Got to love doctors…lol! I just shook if off but I could not help but feel like she was shaming me! I don’t feel bad about it though, I did everything I could to protect my self and I still contracted this. Do you ever get reactions like that from medical personnel?

Ultra Violet

welcome to the site and thanks for your kind words ;)

I take L-lysine, vit c, zinc and don't take valtrex all on the advice of my doctor. It's only been 2 months but since the initial OB I haven't had any further symtoms that I can say are definately HSV.

I won't take Valtrex unless I start to have regular severe OBs.

gotitsowhat

Same for me

Like Ultra Violet, I only take Valtrex when I have a severe outbreak which, I am happy to report, is not often. I usually take vitamin C, lysine and ginseng. I also use Dynamaclear which I believe has lessened outbreaks. For a while I put oil of oregano on my spine at night. Not sure whether that helped or not but have not had an outbreak since and that was months ago.

There is a theory that your body makes antibodies to herpes better without the use of viral meds like Valtrex. I think that may be true, particularly in the early stages. I did not use any meds for the first couple of years with herpes. I think it might have helped. I do use meds when the outbreaks is severe, though.

Luv2travel

thanks

thanks everyone I will try some of these things and see how it goes!

TheArcheologist

I take 1000mg l-lysine and a multi vitamin everyday, i've had 2 ob's in 7 months