World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ladystardust

kinda a stupid question

ladystardust

i feel like this is a weird question, but i am very curious...

my infection is in a concentrated area on my thigh... if i am intimate with someone, would putting a latex bandage over that area reduce the risk of transmission, if i might have viral-shedding?

seems logical...

Nemonamedjoe

Thats not stupid thats a pretty good question...

I have Genital herps but it is above in my pubic area pretty far away from my special area and i asked my doctor and planning parent hood and they both told me that keeping my boxers on while having sex would help prevent it more than a condom would? So in your case putting something over it would really help alot as far as i was informed.

littleone777
Thats not stupid thats a pretty good question...

I have Genital herps but it is above in my pubic area pretty far away from my special area and i asked my doctor and planning parent hood and they both told me that keeping my boxers on while having sex would help prevent it more than a condom would? So in your case putting something over it would really help alot as far as i was informed.

now i have a question about that! my boyfriend gets his obs on his thighs and wears boxers with sex (he doesnt know i know he has it ... i just got diagnosed with herpes now too) ... but how does it work if he gets them on his thighs and i get mine around my crotch? lol shouldnt we both have the same type of herpes?

Nemonamedjoe

Well the only reason i can think of is if he wasnt covered one time and his thigh touched your area while you guys were being intimate...Or the possibility that he has it other places such as his mouth and gave you oral?

those are just maybe's i really dont know i just know what both doctors told me hey maybe there crazy and if so somone needs to tell me!! LOL