World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Herpesser
      Thanks God I found someone’s throat and tongue like me! I have the exact tongue( with the exact color change on the tongue) and the exact throat with white dots on it!!! I am very scared of it and sometimes I feel like I will be sick bc of my throat it makes me feel like hard to drink water, eat, talk HOWEVER the feeling goes away within 4-5 five days. Please someone help if knows anything abut this tongue and throat type!!!! I believe that throat lesions gives this color to our tongue :(
    • ddylan26
      Has anyone tried taking 2LHERP? Produced in Belgium  currently in clinical trial phase 4  medication is meant to improve immunity against HSV1 and HSV2
    • alphaCero
      Well, that's unusual, but not impossible. I've had HSV1 since childhood, and my IgG results will vary based on whether I'm taking anti-virals, but always have come out positive. I've known someone though who definitely had a cold sore, but never tested positive, so it's rare, but happens. It's possible he just carries a low count and transmitted to you via saliva but without direct oral sex, or that he doesn't have it and you had been a carrier for a long time and randomly had an outbreak right after having sex (unlikely), or some other random scenario. There's a reason why such a large part of the population is HSV1 positive - there are a lot of ways to get it, it's often asymptomatic, and most adults already have it. It's frustrating that we just don't have the resources to look deeply into these questions today. It seems like he's been pretty open to getting tested and hopefully educating himself along the way - that's at least something.
    • alphaCero
      It is so easy to stress over all kinds of symptoms, but generally speaking I'd say to trust your GP. They have the training, and they were there, so it's reasonable to believe them regarding your oral symptoms. I'd follow their advice and try to take care of yourself to be comforted and heal. In terms of your concerns about having Ghsv, a type-specific test for you and your partner can at lest tell whether either of you have a type I or II infection *somewhere*. The symptoms for hsv can be pretty variable and sometimes so mild that you wouldn't even notice, which holds true for men and women. If you don't have it, you can be thankful! If you do, you can be thankful the symptoms are so mild the possibility never even occurred to you until now! Remember that even if you have a positive test result of some kind, it's not conclusive where/when/by whom you might have been exposed. Just use the information you get to make informed decisions going forward. You're not alone no matter what the outcome, and every outcome is manageable. Be well
    • WarriorKing
      normally for most people hsv is lips and genitals, not tongue. fear can make you afraid of every little thing that you did or did not ever notice before and now you have an excess of fear. tongue irritation can occur for many reasons, none of which i am qualified to discuss. i suggest not shaving genital areas, trim hairs, don't upset the skin.  
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.