World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
dazeypoo

Peeing

dazeypoo

hey i dont know how to write on here so im guessing n hoping this can go to some one who can really help me. i sooo cant pee. i cant even deal with that pain. its my first outbreak and i was fine until this morning. i went just a dab. and screamed. i cant go. i tried in the bathtub. im on pills now. why am i getting more? and there all around where i pee. i cant cover my hands like that. theres that many. has anyone ever gone and get a urine bag from the doctors? do they do that? i just cant be holding this in anymore. im going on almost a full 12 hours. im trying to sleep but i know i have to pee and its killing me. what do i do?? putting toilet paper wet i cant even wipe. ive been doing qtips for the odd discharge there. is that common with this? clearly my doctor didnt tell me what ive bee going through.. im just really emotional and i really dont know how to deal with all this pain.plz help me with ideas.. plz!

Musicianmom

Ouch!

My first outbreak sounds pretty similar to yours. Peeing was EXCRUTIATING! It sucks but you obviously have to do it at some point. The burning is horrible but you'll get through it. The reason this one is so horrible is because its your first and it probably errupted into a huge outbreak before you realized something was wrong. Any outbreaks you have after this won't be as bad because you'll know what you're dealing with and will be able to catch it sooner. You can try using a squeeze bottle and spraying yourself while you pee, that might help. I don't know if you can go and put a cathader put in, it would depend on where you live and the severity of the need. You could always ask.

I hope that helps, I know what you're feeling - it will get better though. Maybe you'll be one of those people who only gets one or two outbreaks in their whole lives!

Good luck,

readytolearn

Ouch!!! I remember that......... I took alieve every 12 hours. It helped during the day. My first morning pee would be really painful but then as the day went on and the alieve kicked in it would be fine. I also went swimming in the ocean which stung like crazy but salt water promotes healing. Maybe try a bath??? Hang in there, it's almost over...........

anna99

You might try soaking in epsom salts in the bath and although it seems counterintuitive, drink LOTS and LOTS of water. It will dilute the urine and ultimately be less painful. Also, depending on where your sores are, it might help to wear rubber gloves with abreva on your fingertips and cover your sores while you pee. Hope you feel better soon; this too shall pass...

buckeyegirl222

i saw someone on here suggested putting vaseline on the sores it would repell the liquid

daisydew

yikes the first outbreak is a doozy for most girls! I had the same problem as you. Definitely don't hold your pee in though. My doctor gave me some lidocaine ointment to put down there so I could pee. She said it's dangerous to hold in your pee for a long time because it's possible to get a bladder infection and you definitely don't want to deal with that along with an outbreak! Lidocaine can delay the healing process because it keeps the area moist, but it REALLY helped me with the pain. It hurt so bad when I peed that I would get full body shakes for about 5 minutes after. You need a prescription for the lidocaine but it was really worth it for me. Have you tried pouring water on the area while you're peeing to dilute it? Hang in there and it will feel better soon!

Stellamala

Sweetie...we feel your pain. Totally. I use Amolin Cream (baby nappy rash cream) lathered all over my inner & outer labia (keep reapplying throughout the day) to both repel the liquid (urine) from touching your sore skin & keep the labia from rubbing together when you walk etc.

Ural urine alkaliser also helps reduce the acid in your pee so when you go it doesn't sting as much. I also find during an outbreak, the actual urethral opening can hurt a bit too. You can buy Ural in powder sachets & mix it with water to drink.

Ultra Violet
Sweetie...we feel your pain. Totally. I use Amolin Cream (baby nappy rash cream) lathered all over my inner & outer labia (keep reapplying throughout the day) to both repel the liquid (urine) from touching your sore skin & keep the labia from rubbing together when you walk etc.

Ural urine alkaliser also helps reduce the acid in your pee so when you go it doesn't sting as much. I also find during an outbreak, the actual urethral opening can hurt a bit too. You can buy Ural in powder sachets & mix it with water to drink.

another vote for Ural!

I also found it helped to sit at an angle so the urine didn't touch the sores when I peed.

My doctor recommended zinc oxide cream to promote healing and to repel the liquid.

Stellamala
I also found it helped to sit at an angle so the urine didn't touch the sores when I peed.

My doctor recommended zinc oxide cream to promote healing and to repel the liquid.

Absolutely! The Amolin cream I use has calomine & zinc oxide in it, so yeppers, best to use either one of those or just try each one to see which one suits you individually.

Sitting at an angle definitely does help too! If you can spray away from the skin, not so much urine lands on the skin. Does anyone else get a little sore inside the urethral opening during an OB? Like just inside the pee-hole?

mommaof2

I know exactly how you feel!! My doc gave me a prescription for lidocaine 5 % ointment (the gel kind just runs off) and it was a life saver!! It will numb the area so it does not hurt to pee. I was to the point that I was vomiting and shaking from the pain anytime I had to pee. Ask your doc for lidocaine. Good luck!!

ginnyp

You might just have to fill up the tub and sit in the water while you pee. A friend of mine had to do that, and I've heard others have done that and it really helps. Not very efficient, especially to do it every time you have to pee, but in a few days it shouldn't be as bad. Try it, it's supposed to work great.

Hope you feel better soon.

dazeypoo

thanks u guys :)

hey i just wanted to say thanks for all ur support:) i did indeed end up going to emergency taht nite and they numbed the bottom half of my body and gave me that numbing cream and sumother stuff but it really helped. they also gave me zovirax cream which helped me going to the bathroom and totally speeded up the healing of the sores. the pain and sores after i went there left in about 6 days ! :D and the pain wasnt that bad. they also gave me t 3's which helped too. and o god other pills as well. i have to go back for a pap smear. when i fully get better. i have another question. k even tho i dont have ne sores...can i still recieve oral sex? cuz i did yesterday... and ya i hope he doesnt get ne thing.. weve been togther for a long time. and ya..i dunno.. was that really really bad?? please fill me in. and thanks for the tips everyone!

Butterfly4567

Just wondered....

Does it hurt when you pee because of the sores?

I have no sores now, but it still huts when I pee. It also constantly hurts in my urine tract, and it escalates in the afternoon/ night. I have previous history of UTI's and it feels just like it, only more painful.

I got my first outbreak 2 months ago, but it was only one ulcer and the test is negative. Still, I have had this pain all the time after that outbreak. I get dizzy, can't eat or sleep.

Is this a symptom for herpes? Will it really get better over time?

Devilish

Ladies, please continue this thread. It's a very helpful thread. I'm a male and I can't watch my sweetheart cry everytime she has to pee (it's her first OB although I'm still praying that it's something else)

trueangel24

It is interesting that most of you mentioned that lidocaine works. I am using it and it does not appear to work for me. I still feel the sores and urine but then again I am not 100% sure if I have HSV 1 or 2.

d00m kitty
another vote for Ural!

Yep ditto for me. Ural saved the day!!! I only remembered about that one when I'd had my daughter!!

Lemonpie

In my opinion, it works best to pour water over the area while you go, if you're in a lot of pain. I did both that and the bathtub thing when I had my first OB, and it always worked better to go with the pouring method. Bathtubs seem like a good idea, but if you have a pretty full bladder, you basically create a cloud of pee in that area in the tub and it hurts anyway (as weird and graphic as that sounds).

In short, pouring lukewarm water over the area as you go works best.

strongsue

suggestion

although i havent experienced this yet i read to pee in shower w/ a shower head (hand held) pointed down there and also when you pee sit on your toilet backwards, straddling the toilet this way keeps legs open wider which helps