World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
speaktru

what next?

speaktru

Got retested.. my second test came out negative for both HSV1&2. I was not expecting these results. I've had outbreaks.. i've been through so much physical pain, blisters, having to walk funny at work.. not being able to sit for a month... having to have walked funny every where i go for a month.. i feel somewhat betrayed by the test.... i tested positive before ... i am very conscious of what i put in my body and i had to take sooo much medication i was literally dependant on my antivirals so that i would not get an OB. but before i retook the test i have been off of the meds for about a lil bit more than 2 months, is that enough time? this entire situation caused so many problems between me and my ex that we arent even speaking :( he has not even return my calls emails text messages (as of yet). when his test came back negative i think my gyno impiled that i could of have possibly lied to him about how many sexual partners that i had been with. ( i have only been w/ him). i cant wait to shove these results in her face! grrr.... i dont trust these blood tests. and her stupid head wasnt even paying me any attention when i was trying to explain to her my theory. i wish there was a more concrete way of knowing. i think i have it... i dont think i have hsv1 though. but i just wanted to find out if i had genital 1 or 2. :: sighs::: now i still dont know. this entire thing is making me crazy. what do i do now? funny thing is before i called the lab, i had two fortune cookies and it has the month of my birth and it read " the only sure thing about luck is that it will change". BOTH of the cookies read the same thing!! is that a coincidence? is my luck changing?!? i just want to resolve things w/ my ex and get on with my life figure out what the hell is going on in my body!!! grrr...

curecomingverysoon

Wow, I don't know what to say! I am ecstatic/confused on your behalf as well.

I think I might make a point to get retested now...I have an appointment for January 8th... The EBV is on my mind. Again. Like you, I'm "positive" that I had those two outbreaks and I've been itching/burning/tingling non-stop for almost 9 months -- is there any way that it couldn't be HSV? My doctor keeps telling me that these non-stop symptoms don't sound like HSV..

Or maybe sometimes, very rarely, our bodies can heal themselves from HSV if we take care of them (ie bring levels down below detectable levels for HerpeSelect?). I have been thinking about that on and off for awhile now.

Sidenote: I think we might be crazy together... I recently (two days ago) had a horoscope that says that my prognosis is good. Two days before that it says that I was going to get a miraculous remedy.

speaktru
Wow, I don't know what to say! I am ecstatic/confused on your behalf as well.

I think I might make a point to get retested now...I have an appointment for January 8th... The EBV is on my mind. Again. Like you, I'm "positive" that I had those two outbreaks and I've been itching/burning/tingling non-stop for almost 9 months -- is there any way that it couldn't be HSV? My doctor keeps telling me that these non-stop symptoms don't sound like HSV..

Or maybe sometimes, very rarely, our bodies can heal themselves from HSV if we take care of them (ie bring levels down below detectable levels for HerpeSelect?). I have been thinking about that on and off for awhile now.

Sidenote: I think we might be crazy together... I recently (two days ago) had a horoscope that says that my prognosis is good. Two days before that it says that I was going to get a miraculous remedy.

well did ur outbreak have blisters?!?! did u get a swab test... i hate that there is not a definite answer. :(

yea i feel like ive had a string of bad luck starting from mid year :( so if this black cloud left i am happy!!! now i have to wait to get my colposcopy done in end of jan.

i myself started taking a bunch of natural remedies that are natural antivirals so i'm wondering if that is why my results came out negative. but then again i do have tingling and itching sometimes.. not all the time though. and i do get that neuralgia, the striking pain down there sometimes.. i remember it happened to me at work.. it was horrible..... soo i dunno know. to me i think i have it. i have to read more about ebv. but my first ob i'm so traumatized i couldnt even pee it was sooooo bad. so these results are not convincing enough for me.

well dont worry.. we will be crazy together!! :)

curecomingverysoon

Ahhhh so this is where I replied to you! Well now I've done it twice.

Nope, no swab tests, I had both of these (what I believe to be) outbreaks prior to getting my results. And they looked like ingrown hairs/blisters -- there was only one on both occasions (April and August). At the time, I was so sick with the EBV -- my neck glands were the hardest and largest that my doctor had ever seen, he was concerned that I had something much worse (like leukemia)! I have been thinking about going off the Valtrex to try for another outbreak but to be honest I'm a little scared/not there yet.

What caused you to get tested in the first place, was it an outbreak? My friend is a psychologist and the other night (on an unrelated topic) a few of us were talking and she said that it's eery what the mind can make itself believe in terms of physical manifestations of symptoms... So I have to wonder about what I'm experiencing now, at the least.

What are the natural remedies that you've been taking?

speaktru
Ahhhh so this is where I replied to you! Well now I've done it twice.

Nope, no swab tests, I had both of these (what I believe to be) outbreaks prior to getting my results. And they looked like ingrown hairs/blisters -- there was only one on both occasions (April and August). At the time, I was so sick with the EBV -- my neck glands were the hardest and largest that my doctor had ever seen, he was concerned that I had something much worse (like leukemia)! I have been thinking about going off the Valtrex to try for another outbreak but to be honest I'm a little scared/not there yet.

What caused you to get tested in the first place, was it an outbreak? My friend is a psychologist and the other night (on an unrelated topic) a few of us were talking and she said that it's eery what the mind can make itself believe in terms of physical manifestations of symptoms... So I have to wonder about what I'm experiencing now, at the least.

What are the natural remedies that you've been taking?

well..... i was very very sick, 9 days after having sex with my exbf. my lymph nodes were the size of golf balls, i had infected tonsils, and a high fever that wouldnt go away...... went to one of those mini clinics and the lady asked me when was the last time i had sex etc etc... and she told me that i should go see the gyno esp if i feel uncomfortable down there. she prescribed antibiotics and they werent helping.... at the time i didnt even think it was an STD i thought maybe i was just sore from exercising. but i waited toooo long and by the time i got to the gyno my OB was VERY VERY bad... i couldnt even pee, sit or walk.. it was horrible everytime i think about that time period i feel like crying and i get knots in my stomach it was TORTURE..... :( ... and when the gyno examined me and observed my symptoms she was like yup its herpes! she immediately put me on meds... and that is when i started to see an improvement, probably 2 days after. my fever went down etc..... She made me do a blood test, which came back positive for both.

the meds got too expensive and i didnt like the person i was becoming when i was taking them.. acyclovir made me nauseated so i switched to valtrex (she put me on suppressive threrapy b/c i kept on getting obs, probably due to stress.. i was on that for 2 + months) then i stopped and started my crazy vitamin regiment. i havent kept up w/ it but i know it definitely helped. i mainly take 4 ones now. i posted what i take on another subsection of this forum (herpes treatment - herpes and vitamins).... so now i have to go on monday to speak w/ the gyno to figure out what i have.... i'm still convinced i have HSV2....i dont really trust those blood tests.. but i do agree, our bodies are amazing. i do believe the things i took did help my body fight off and get rid of the virus...b/c according to the research of the main two products it is possible.... you should check it out, the science behind it alone is fascinating!!....... i dont think ebv could cause blisters i had in the beginning.. but then again i dont know too much about it... and mine were genital... but who knows... i would want my ex to get tested also for ebv. b/c if i have something he has the same thing.... but he has deleted me out of his life so its making this process very very difficult... let me know how your test results come back... i know you must be very anxious!! good luck.