World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Full of Life

This is awful...

Full of Life

So I'm in the middle of my 2nd ob...and I thought I was going to get away easily...I thought I only had one spot. I wake up this morning to find that I have another one on the other side and a third developing too. It's been 4 days now...shouldn't I be healing instead of developing new sores? I'm feeling physically and emotionally broken right now.

anna99

Dear Full of Life,

I am sorry that you are feeling so crappy. Just a couple questions if you don't mind:

- do you know if you have hsv 1 or 2?

- how long has it been since your first ob?

- are you taking any meds, supplements or other treatments?

Just curious so I won't waste your time talking about a bunch of stuff if you're already familiar. Also, I have only had one ob about a month ago so I'm curious: did you know it was coming?

Folks say on here that the first is usually the worst...i hope you feel better very soon and know you are supported here.

Hugs,

anna

Full of Life

Hi...

My first ob was just under two months ago. I don't know if I have type 1 or 2...the test was unable to type (swab test...not blood which is $150 in Canada) so I'm swimming around in the unknown. I have been trying to convince myself that it's type 1 (the guy I was with has a history of cold sores), but having another ob so soon after, and the fact that it's getting worse doesn't give me much hope. I'm almost positive it's type 2. I haven't tried anything for it (besides valtrex for the first ob)...I almost want to see how my body handles it. Up until this morning I was confident that my body was doing well...with only 1 sore. But now that number has tripled...

I did know it was coming eventually...I became swollen on the one side and was a bit itchy. Previous to that though, I had been a bit red and itchy on the other side and thought I saw a bump but nothing ever really developed. So I don't know if it was my imagination, or I was getting mild symptoms.

I had sex about a week ago (with the same guy) and tore pretty badly...so I assume that is what has caused this ob.

I still can't believe this is all happening.

beachday

It has taken me about 8 months for my body to adjust to this and to stop getting blisters every month. I feel like one is coming on (for the last week or so) but hasn't developed into anything (knock on wood).

hang in there. you should pay the money and get it typed so you know what you are dealing with, although maybe it doesn't matter which it is. my sores would get worse as the days went on the first week and then finally start to heal during the second week of my breakout.

hang in there, try tea bags on the area after they've cooled of course. that helped me after someone else suggested it.

Full of Life

Thanks for the advice. I'm not in a significant amount of pain...just a bit uncomfortable at times. The physical side is really not what's got me so down. It's the emotional aspect. I'm going to try to swab test again (when/if I have my next outbreak...it depresses me to think of the next time because I hoped I had type 1...who knows still could...but feeling less confident about that now).