World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
SavedbyGrace

SavedbyGrace

SavedbyGrace

Hi, I am new to the group. Found out I was affected last July. It was a shock because I have been celibate for over 4 years. As far as I know, I have never experienced an outbreak. I am in a new relationship and we want to get married. We were in the act of going all the way a couple of nights ago but we stopped it. Because I wasnt having an "outbreak" I thought it was safe. Now I am devastated because I may have passed it on to him. I am so scared and I don't know how to tell him. Please give me words of encouragement.

buttercup3721

Why do you think you may have passed it to him? You know you aren't going to pass it every time you have sex. Don't get me wrong. The boyfriend and I are very careful and use pertection each time (knowing that nothing is 100% safe). But I don't worry about passing it on each and every time or anything. We just don't do anything, pertection or not any time I'm feeling off...

Why are you so worried about it at this moment? Has he had symptoms show up? Or did you have an outbreak soon after, or could feel one coming on?

Belive me, I'm not saying don't be careful; I would never say that. I just can tell you are really worried. And if you used pertection and you felt fine, and are on meds....doing everything you can....then the chances of passing are slim.

Get him checked before you freak out too bad. Is this the first time you have tried to sleep together? Does he know, and supports you anyway? Have him go get a blood test. If it is negative have him go back in a few months. But don't freak for no reason. That will only stress you out and that stress can cause you to have an outbreak.

PM me if you need to.