World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
youngsadnblue

Just saying hey

youngsadnblue

Well, I don't know where to start...I initially had my first ob back in may but I didn't go to the doc until my 2nd ob. Since I didn't go right away the test was a false neg but I knew I had it. I have not been the same since. I don't date any more, no desire to and just feel so disappointed in myself. I'm lonely and the only ones that know is my ex and my mom. I have been taking acyclovir, but feel like that works for the now but then I feel tingle sensations all the time..the guy that gave me this acts like he didn't know but deep down he did. I'm doing the best that I can to deal with this on a regular but its not easy when I don't have a support system.I'm tired of crying and I know things will get better for me. Thanks for listening.

gotitsowhat

Sorry this is tough for you

We can all relate. This is a hard diagnosis to hear even if it's not as bad as some other illnesses. But...you haven't actually heard the diagnosis. I am not saying you don't have herpes but I think it is always helpful to get an official medical diagnosis, including what type of herpes you may have.

So, after at least three months, get the bloodtest, the one that can not only pin down the herpes diagnosis but will tell you which type you have. Then you can better manage it.

Meanwhile, remember, there is no reason to be disappointed in yourself. YOU have not done anything wrong, you were just unlucky and caught a common virus. Would you think you were bad if you caught a cold? It's funny how people absorb the social stigma surrounding herpes and think that because they caught it from having sex, that makes them bad. Most people have a sex life involving other people; that's just the nature of the human race. Sex is a basic drive, like breathing. If you caught a respiratory infection, would you think, "That's what I get for breathing."? You caught a virus. It's a bit of a hassle but not the worst thing anyone could catch.

Feel better soon. It's just a tiny virus. Decide not to let it run your life.