World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
tj11

Possible anal herpes?

tj11

I have had a sore anus recently from what I thought was repeated diarhea in one day, causing me to have to wipe many times that day and anus got sore. But diarhea has stopped and still have sore anus with what appears to be a rash and possible fissure. This is ongoing for about 5 to six days now , but no other symptoms anywhere in any other part of genitals. I have had the occasion cold sores since I was a little kid so I obviously have herpes simplex 1, have had numerous sexual partners over the years , some unprotected, have been tested a few times for stds but dont think herpes was part of those tests. I just had some questions for people with genital herpes,

1. Can you get outbreaks only in anal area.

2. If your first outbreak is in anal area, can later outbreaks be on other areas as well or do they only repeat in orginal area.

3. Is the first outbreak usually the worst, or can later outbreaks be worse and last longer, how long do outbreaks last.

4. Do all anal outbreaks bleed somewhat, do they look like outbreaks in other genital areas.

I am planning to get tested right away, just wanted to see if it was just a rash from wiping too much.

Any comments on people who have had similiar symptoms and their experiences...

Thanks

Semika

in refeference to question #2, i will simply answer yes, my first ob was in the area of my vagina, since then i have had ob iin the area of my anus and my tailbone as well. I have also experienced very light bleedin in the area of my anus during an ob. i guess the constant wiping may have further ruptured the then sensitive area.

Hide and Seek

Sounds like

What I've been going through on a fairly regular basis. Diarreha, headaches, fatigue, irriatability, pain front to back(like a ice pick stabbing me from my lower abdomen to my butt hole) making it hard to even sit. And yes, wiping untill bloody. One way to avoid this is to wash off in the shower. I get ob's right at the top of my crack and very hard to keep clean. Keeping it clean is very important, as well as keeping it dry and undisturbed as possible. Don't even use any kind of harsh soap on it, and try not to touch it at all. Use ice on it to control the pain and itching. I've had this for a very long time and everytime I have an itch, it's an ob as far as I'm concerned. Changing underware frequently is also important, at least twice a day.

curecomingverysoon

Well, to be fair, it's not actually "anal herpes", there's no such thing. It's genital herpes with an outbreak in the rectal area.

Have you confirmed by swab that these are outbreaks? Are you sure that these aren't hemerrhoids or anal fissures?

I think that a good water-based moisturizer right after showering (then maybe drying with a hair-dryer) might make a dent in the problem if they are actually herpetic outbreaks.

Hide and Seek

Answers

Outbreaks can occur outside the area of your first outbreak. It seems like with me, any place I've ever had an ob is fair game. I've had this for most of my life.

The length of time an ob is active is variable. From 3 days to weeks for me. The longest ob I ever had was back to back ob's for 2 and 1/2 months. Every 5 days a new one would appear. Right now, on medication, for 10 days it has been trying to break through the skin. I'm getting the beginning of an ob but it can't advance.

It is hard for the average person to distinguish between hemroids and an outbreak. Better safe than sorry, use your judgment.

Keep in mind that Herpes lives dormant in your nerve ganglion next to your spine. When it re activates it has to travel from there to the surface of your skin. You will have symptoms, however mild, so pay attention to your body. Don't mask the symptoms with alcohol or drugs.