World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lovelylady2009

Newly Diagnosed

lovelylady2009

:confused:

Well I have no idea where I got mines from. My ex says he has never had something like this. So my next question is could this have been dormant in my system because of HPV? When I was younger I had HPV-2 Cancer. I beat that, thank god, but this you can't beat. I am just so scared and I feel dirty and just like no one is going to want me. Is this normal? Why me? Do your lymph nodes in pelvic area normally swell up?

Confused

Morning

Your questions are natural to have when newly diagnosed. HSV can be a tricky and confusing condition but it is completely manageable and it does not have to stop you from having a wonderful life and a great love life. Regarding dormancy, regardless of having HPV, HSV can lay dormant for many years. It is possible that this is the case for you, it is also quite possible that your ex, like many people, has HSV and never had symptoms. Many people have or have had cold sores and never realized that this is oral HSV. The only way to know, without a history of or current symptoms, is to have a doctor do a blood test for HSV. You have to ask for it specifically because it is not included in the usual STD panel of tests. If he is willing, your ex should have this test done to know if he has it and this will give you some idea of the source of your HSV.

Lymph node pain, yup I get it in the lymph node to the right of my groin area. For me it gets swollen when an outbreak is coming on. The 'why me' question is one we probably all asked ourselves at some point. But so do people who are diagnosed with cancer, parkinsons, lupus, quadaplegics, etc. I think we all eventually realize that this is how life unfolds, we get dealt different hands with good and not so good cards. Now its up to us to do the best with what we have been dealt.

I remember feeling scared, dirty, and alone when I was first diagnosed. Five years later I've come to terms with having HSV and for me it is a condition I have but it doesn't define who I am. I've been a relationships in the past few years and have had 'the talk' about having HSV a few times. For me it has always worked out well. Love has not eluded me and the same can be true for you. But it means pushing through the fear of rejection and being honest with people and giving them the room to choose to be with you in spite of having HSV.

This site has tons of information and lots of supportive people with life stories that I'm sure you will be able to relate to. So I hope you enjoy the support on here as much as you can. Welcome to the site!

Morning

lovelylady2009

Thanks so much for the support. It really means a lot. I just wish everyone was just as supportive as you are. This is my primary outbreak, my doctor said that I would have it until the 5th but with these swollen lymph nodes, could it last longer? I mean how long does it usually last? I have so many questions...

Morning
Thanks so much for the support. It really means a lot. I just wish everyone was just as supportive as you are. This is my primary outbreak, my doctor said that I would have it until the 5th but with these swollen lymph nodes, could it last longer? I mean how long does it usually last? I have so many questions...

I find it interesting that your doctor could give you a precise day that the outbreak will end. I've had it for 5 years and I still can't precisely say when an outbreak will end. Each person is different. My first year of outbreaks lasted for weeks at a time. Now they last for a few days. Depends on the location too. A sore on my anus takes longer to heal because of having to wipe myself after eliminating versus one on my vagina that I can pat dry instead of wiping (sorry to be graphic). Also my lymph nodes tend to stay swollen till a few days after sores have healed. As time goes on you will learn how your body manages HSV and recognize a pattern. I don't think your doctor can tell you with certainty how your body will work. Hang in there though, it gets easier to manage.

Morning

snowgal

Home remedies

Hi lovelylady2009, I am the into the first week of my OB and my lymph nodes are VERY swollen, so this seems to be pretty normal from what I've read on other people's posts. They also became tender a week before my OB. I Didn't know what was about to happen, but it seems to be a good indicator.

I was raised in a in a very home remedy, let nature take it's course sort of thing. I have done a lot of reading and some experimenting on different remedies.

I take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, it has to be "mother" with a bit of a veil on the bottom, in a glass of warm water every day. I have also applied it topically. It stings a bit, but the sting means that the poison is being drawn out.

I also made a paste out of baking soda, and left it on for about an hour. It's like what you do for a bee sting. And it STUNG pretty intensely for about 15 min, but when I washed it off my lesions were smaller and didn't have the white top on them.

I have collodial silver, it WILL NOT turn you blue, only if you take way too much of it for a long time, which I drink and apply topically.

Tea Tree Oil with some olive oil on a cotton swab stings, but helps dry out the lesions. Cornstarch dusted on also works well. Then use a blowdryer on low and that will help dry things out more.

I also have an anitiviral, suppressant that I think is working.

Good luck in finding something that works for you. You're not alone.

Nemonamedjoe

Thats exactly how i felt in the begging of finding out i had herpes....

Lymphnodes swelled to enormouse amounts but i think these are the the first out breaks and the worst which will eventually pass...

It is normal to feel "different" when i was first diagnosed i honestly saw my face in the mirror as a different person i was more embarassed in public feeling like they all knew! i couldnt look at myself for a while and i had a hard time going to the bathroom because seeing my bio hazard area only reminded myself but this board really helps cure you and releive the stress knowing that everyone else has this and are still happy.. it also helps throw the worries & fears away.. In the end you will find your true partner and they will except you for you and it will make you happier than ever...

Post as much as you can and get your fears erased i promise the more you learn the better you will feel and give it time