World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
stuffthis

in hell

stuffthis

well ive been living with this hell for about 4 months now. i guess im on outbreak 6 or 7, yeah.

i decided i was going to try to go with this outbreak with no valtrex as it was getting expensive i would guess i am around $3,000 in with all the medical stuff since i found out i have this - that was a huge mistake.

this is probably the worest OB ive had, including my first.

I am now on surpression per my doctor, 1,000 mg(?) twice a day (two big pills)

i have four questions.

1. when i shower after I am done there is a "white" coating over the blister... its "sticky" what the hell is this?

2. can i "reinfect" another area on my penis? like say an inch away from the only place ive ever had blisters?

3. the patent on valtrex expired today yet i can find nothing on a generic... anyone know anything?

4. anyone else consider just compeltely giving up on sex/realtionships/trying to fight the outbreaks? maybe i will buy a cat and start collecting stamps.... may sound funny but im really upset....

curecomingverysoon
well ive been living with this hell for about 4 months now. i guess im on outbreak 6 or 7, yeah.

i decided i was going to try to go with this outbreak with no valtrex as it was getting expensive i would guess i am around $3,000 in with all the medical stuff since i found out i have this - that was a huge mistake.

this is probably the worest OB ive had, including my first.

I am now on surpression per my doctor, 1,000 mg(?) twice a day (two big pills)

i have four questions.

1. when i shower after I am done there is a "white" coating over the blister... its "sticky" what the hell is this?

2. can i "reinfect" another area on my penis? like say an inch away from the only place ive ever had blisters?

3. the patent on valtrex expired today yet i can find nothing on a generic... anyone know anything?

4. anyone else consider just compeltely giving up on sex/realtionships/trying to fight the outbreaks? maybe i will buy a cat and start collecting stamps.... may sound funny but im really upset....

I will try to answer...

1. Not sure?

2. If you've had the infection for +6 months then the odds are in your favour that you cannot infect other parts of your body.

3. The patent on Valtrex did not expire today. It expires in mid-June of 2009. That sucks, I know. Off-patent valcyclovir/valcivir is available in Canada, however, if you feel like making the trip.

4. Yes, I have considered it and am sort of there. It's not for everyone though. Have you tried positivesingles.com -- there are thousands of really nice, cool girls there that just kinda got stuck with this thing, like you and me.

stuffthis

thanks for the reply...

1. its kind of worry some. i have no idea what it is... :confused:

2. i havent had it for 6 months and am pretty sure i have reinfected another area on my penis even thou i am really careful. go me....:(

3. those mother fuckers... how much is it in canada? might be worth a weekend trip to windsor...

4. I just looked at that site... it kind of pissed me off because I live in a rural part of Indiana and I am assuming there are very few people on there from my area. with that said it wont let me search my area without joining... on top of that putting a picture up... thats scary... i know how dumb that sounds... but i cant help it... maybe ill just stay single. the second girl i was ever with "blessed me" with this... go figure.

curecomingverysoon

1. Have you been to the doctor for it? Have you been properly diagnosed (ie blood test) for HSV yet?

2. I should clarify. You can reinfect other parts of your body (eyes, mouth) in the first six months). Once you have been infected genitally, you have no control over where in your boxer shorts area the virus will express itself.

3. It's still not THAT low, I believe it's roughly $75 for a month supply. Any Canadians here to confirm that?

4. You will probably find more people than you suspect. 1 in 5 Americans is infected with HSV-2, including 1 in 4 women. You don't have to put up a picture right away but the $30 can be a good investment just in realizing that you're not alone. Just a thought.

What's your transmission story? I ask because almost all transmission occurs between people who have no idea that they are infected. When suitable preventive measures are used, the rate of transmission is negligible. In the beginning though, most people feel most comfortable dating others who are in the same "boat", I've noticed from observation.

Good luck, feel free to ask more questions, this is a great site.

stuffthis
1. Have you been to the doctor for it? Have you been properly diagnosed (ie blood test) for HSV yet?

2. I should clarify. You can reinfect other parts of your body (eyes, mouth) in the first six months). Once you have been infected genitally, you have no control over where in your boxer shorts area the virus will express itself.

3. It's still not THAT low, I believe it's roughly $75 for a month supply. Any Canadians here to confirm that?

4. You will probably find more people than you suspect. 1 in 5 Americans is infected with HSV-2, including 1 in 4 women. You don't have to put up a picture right away but the $30 can be a good investment just in realizing that you're not alone. Just a thought.

What's your transmission story? I ask because almost all transmission occurs between people who have no idea that they are infected. When suitable preventive measures are used, the rate of transmission is negligible. In the beginning though, most people feel most comfortable dating others who are in the same "boat", I've noticed from observation.

Good luck, feel free to ask more questions, this is a great site.

1. i had the "swab" test done and it tested positive for HSV2. I asked him about the blood test and he made a good point, what for? You can tell just from looking i for sure have it...

2. I understand now. more "good" news :(

3. Maybe I will wait for the patent to fall off...

4. I might join just for peice of mind. are you a member??

The story is like so many others... dated the girl for three months or so... woke up one day had a "bug bite" that didnt go away, did some googleing, went to the doctor, cried.

She claims she didn't know she had it. (which i beleive) when pressed however she did say "well i did have all the symptoms" i just wanted to scream at her. The type of person I am with these kind of symptoms i cant understand how someone WOULD NOT go to the doctor to see what they have. i harbor a lot of anger at her... maybe i shouldnt but i do... i no longer speak to her...

also thanks for the replies my tears are slowly going away. :???:

curecomingverysoon

1. A fair point. The swab test is definitive.

2. Well, now avoiding touching your eyes and not contracting ocular herpes which can lead to blindness (not always, but sometimes) is sort of a good thing?

3. Six months isn't all that long, relatively speaking. And after December 2009 it will drop lower, most likely. There's a bit of a confusing thing whereby when a patent expires, the next guy in line gets 180 days of non-compete generic production. It's only really "open" 6 months after that.

4. Yes, I'm a member. An Australian member though. Haven't had the courage to go beyond emails yet though but there are some really nice guys out there, I've found.

We have all cried, I promise. And yeah, 90% of people have no idea that they're infected - they don't know what they're symptoms are (everyone seems to think that a herpes infection will be so hideous that they'll recognize it immediately) and so they have sex while having their minor outbreaks. It does get better though. Slowly (very slowly) but it seems that you're probably pretty young (19? 20?) and in the next few years there will be a lot of great things coming -- a new generation of antivirals, several therapeutic vaccine trials. :) Check out the Clinical Trials/Treatment Folder, there's a lot of info that myself and others have posted that gives me hope to keep fighting.

stuffthis
1. A fair point. The swab test is definitive.

2. Well, now avoiding touching your eyes and not contracting ocular herpes which can lead to blindness (not always, but sometimes) is sort of a good thing?

3. Six months isn't all that long, relatively speaking. And after December 2009 it will drop lower, most likely. There's a bit of a confusing thing whereby when a patent expires, the next guy in line gets 180 days of non-compete generic production. It's only really "open" 6 months after that.

4. Yes, I'm a member. An Australian member though. Haven't had the courage to go beyond emails yet though but there are some really nice guys out there, I've found.

We have all cried, I promise. And yeah, 90% of people have no idea that they're infected - they don't know what they're symptoms are (everyone seems to think that a herpes infection will be so hideous that they'll recognize it immediately) and so they have sex while having their minor outbreaks. It does get better though. Slowly (very slowly) but it seems that you're probably pretty young (19? 20?) and in the next few years there will be a lot of great things coming -- a new generation of antivirals, several therapeutic vaccine trials. :) Check out the Clinical Trials/Treatment Folder, there's a lot of info that myself and others have posted that gives me hope to keep fighting.

Yeah. I am 22. I would be one of the first to sign up for any human trials they provide... Just have to wait it out...

curecomingverysoon

Well then, start emailing and bothering them! I think they need to hear our voices. That is what I have been doing.

Also, I feel it can only help to donate a few dollars -- you can donate to Dr. Knipe's Harvard Lab or the U of Fl research at http://red-dots-philanthropy.blogspot.com/ (that's on HSV-1 but they're going to move onto HSV-2 next, I believe).