World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
28female

Need some support

28female

Hi everyone,

About 5 days ago I had sex with a new partner. Part of the time we were unprotected. I'd describe part of the encounter as rough/dry, and I know there was some stretching/tearing during the intercourse. When I went to urinate immediately after sex it was burning FIERCE both at the entrance of my vagina as well as the right side near the entrance. I chalked this up to probable small abrasions from the rough/dry intercourse.

The severe stinging when urinating faded after a day or so, but I was still experiencing vaginal pain in those areas. I've stretched/torn before and it usually clears up in a few days. We're onto day 5 now though and I woke up with some bright red blood right at the entry of my vagina, which I thought was weird - I figured if I were going to bleed from the incident it would be right away, not several days later.

I took a bath and looked at myself in a mirror and saw sores in both locations that I initially felt some pain immediately after the intercourse. I would not describe them as blisters or anything that raises up above the skin; rather they look just like ulcers or canker sores like if I bite the inside of my mouth and it's trying to heal.

I assumed it was likely that I had suffered the initial abrasions and now it was irritated or this is simply what it looks like when healing, but I wanted to be safe so went to a doctor. She took one look at it and immediately stated it was herpes.

I mentioned the abrasions from sex and also that I was confused that I would contract herpes and feel stinging within 10 mins of the incident when urinating but she just kept insisting that it's herpes.

I asked for a swab and culture to be done, and she seemed almost put out to do it. I've had a girlfriend TWICE be misdiagnosed with herpes - once after rough sex and once with a yeast issue.

Now I have to wait a week for culture results but I'm really putting myself through the ringer here. I've been at home crying pretty much all day. I spoke to the partner I slept with; he's never experienced any symptoms and is now going to go to the doctor too.

I need some support as I feel I'm in an emotional downward spiral right now and really really in a bad headspace. I don't know how I'm going to wait a whole week. All I know is I'm in physical discomfort and I'm scared. Thanks in advance for your help. I recently moved to a new continent and am feeling a lack of support system here.

hopeful2008

Hang in there 28 - waiting for results is difficult and most of us have been there on that. But you also need an IgG blood test as cultures can often come back negative (mine did). You're really going to have to wait longer, esp. if the cultre is negative. The best thing is probably to assume you do have herpes, so you're mentally prepared and just try to relax on thinking the worst about having it -easier said than done, but it will really will do you know good. Most people feel terrible the first few months, some longer. But it gets easier as time moves along like anything else in life. Stay strong, get your results and get educated about the virus. Best of luck.

lynnie

Im in the same boat 28

Hey 28, Read your post and It sounds just like my life right now,(Im brand new to this site just for piece of mind) although I dont have a new partner. But pretty much the same thing. rough sex, and the next morning same kind of sores...and I just figured jeesh too rough, and I used some new Lubricant which was flavored so I figured it must have irritated me.

but after a week of them not really going away, I called the dr. She also went right for Herpies. She Did do a swab test and now I sit and wait. a few more days and I will know for sure, Im devastated. Married and never in a million years figured this would happen to me. Have I had this for years and never knew? My husband if pretty bummed out also but supportive. I feel dirty, less than, and so depressed with loads of anxiety and panic attacks. Im trying to pick myself up but its so awful. I Dont want this to be Herpies...

I guess by reading all of these we arent alone...but Im not sure how to get past this. Any clues or help would be appreciated. but just so you know your not alone.

Lynnie

CBS3276

I agree, when I broke out a month ago I suspected but was in total denial. Even after taking the blood test, I thought...no big deal, I'm sure it will be negative...so imagine my surprise when both my test and my husband's came back positive. I wish I would have mentally prepared myself better. And now of course I am second guessing it after researching it online, that even blood tests have a 2% chance of giving a false positive. But both me and my husband, both with herpes like symtoms. I think it is easier being in denial about it, because then I don't really have to face how upset, scared, and damaged I feel. But it is a grieving process. The earlier you start the sooner you can cope and move on.

gotitsowhat

Hang in there...

and get the blood test done after about three months. I know that is a long time to wait but it will verify a herpes diagnosis. The swab test is pretty good but not perfect so it is a good idea to get more than one and get the swab test at the height of the outbreak, then the blood test three months later. By then you will have a pretty good idea of what's happening. If it is herpes, remember that this is troublesome, sometimes painful, awkward and embarrassing but it is NOT fatal. It won't kill you. And it can be treated and you can learn to live with it. It's one of those things that takes some getting used to, that's all. You are going through one of the worst parts of it now, the waiting. So hang in there, find some good healthy things to distract you (exercise, maybe swimming or walking, a good movie, a comedy tape, a long hot bath or shower etc) and just take it one day at a time. This isn't the end of the world, really. It just feels like it right now.

LL82

Ugh....I feel your pain. I can't say that it's easier to know because it's not. At least not initially. I'm new to this too so I'm still waiting for it to get better. But this site does seem to have some amazingly supportive people. And it def has some great information in all of the links on the right side of the screen.

anxious32

I know exactly how you are feeling, ive been trying to deal with this as best as possible, but i must admit it got to the point that i had to go to my Dr's and request antidepressants and anxiety medications after having a few attacks.

I was just diagnosed with HSV 2 a lil over a month ago, after taking several blood test all coming back negative, it does take time for this to show up in your blood, so the best bet is the culture. And to think i thought i was doing everything right by using protection, lil did i know, that with herpes condoms arent always useful....and the guy knew he was infected and didnt tell me.

But to some relief, ive come to realize that this is pretty common, im not alone, and im going to therapy, which turns out my therapist also has it... and i just found her on the internet.

beatrixy

oh my god!

we are in exactly EXACTLY the same situation!!!

how crazy/awesome is that!!!

except my doctor was pretty reluctant. he said maybe yeast infection maybe sex trauma maybe a combination of the two.

i've been having blisters, sores, and scabs since so your situation sounds better than mine!

i popped by the clinic today and they said i have to wait another week AT LEAST for my results. this is killing me and i can barely handle the pressure. i feel like a diagnosis would at least take me off this emotional roller coaster of uncertainty!

it's a little reassuring to know that i'm not the only one going through this.

all i ever talk about to my room mate is my possible herpes and she's like "stop it this is so annoying you know nothing just wait it out" but i can't and it's horrible.

i feel so much better right now that we are both awaiting a diagnosis together! don't worry! we can pull through! just take it a pill at a time, a day at a time! we are strong! and we can deal :)!

happy123

hi can someone help me

good morning yesterday while at work my girlfreind called me she told me that she was eating a carne assada burito all of a sudden half way of eating it she felt a burning feeling on her lower lip,,,,,,, she check n she had little bumps its the first time it happens can it be herpes or just a food infection...... wh have sexual intercorse often n its the first time it happen to her

plz wirte back

kelvinvaldez06@yahoo.com

happy123

hi can someone help me

good morning yesterday while at work my girlfreind called me she told me that she was eating a carne assada burito all of a sudden half way of eating it she felt a burning feeling on her lower lip,,,,,,, she check n she had little bumps its the first time it happens can it be herpes or just a food infection...... wh have sexual intercorse often n its the first time it happen to her

plz wirte back