World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
stuffthis

I Beat Herpes.

stuffthis

I think today I have finally come to terms with having this personal hell. Just today it seems to have finally "clicked" like this isn't me it is a virus. I am currently having a really bad OB and have been having a rough time. I have made the decision to use suppression meds. (1000 mg twice a day). I know that seems like a lot but I have had 6 OBs since Sep. when I was "blessed" with this.

Shortly after having this I nearly lost my will to live. I think I owe keeping it to this website. Seriously. I feel a lot better. For the past three months I have been walking around like a pissed off zombie. I have had the shortest fuse with everyone. School suffered, work suffered, my family suffered.

Today I said fuck you herpes. I am not herpes. Herpes will not control me. It has altered my life but I am as of today retaking control.

I also joined positivesingles.com. (I am only 22 and don’t want to be alone forever…) I actually have met some really cool people on there. That helped a lot. I would suggest joining for anyone. Also if you are worried about posting a pic as I was there is a feature where u can select to allow certain individuals to see your photo which is just great. The whole world doesn’t need to know who I am.

Maybe I need to focus on me for awhile before I go back into the dating world. I have big plans for myself and was (until about three months ago) always told I was the most ambitious person people know. I just hope someone will read this post as I did so many others and get a little inspiration from it.

I will continue to try all the supplements etc with the suppression. I have taken 85 1000mg tablets of lysine in the past 7 days only to get a new sore during this OB. Yeah that’s probably way to many but with my mind frame this week that is probably the least self destructive thing I considered doing this week….

Maybe someday there will be a cure – if there is I will be the first person to sign up for human trials. I have a feeling when the valtrex patent falls off we will get something pretty great. I doubt well get a cure but maybe a better suppression pill a new formula that works 100x better!

It will get better - because it has to.:cool:

anna99

Awesome post, stuffthis! Good for you and keep us posted on how you're finding positivesingles. I'm about six weeks into hsv now and am inspired by your story :)

Hugs,

anna

stuffthis
Awesome post, stuffthis! Good for you and keep us posted on how you're finding positivesingles. I'm about six weeks into hsv now and am inspired by your story :)

Hugs,

anna

Thanks! I will do.

This is like war and we cant let HSV win :-D

Ultra Violet

Nice choice of avatar.

Good on you for reclaiming your life!

gotitsowhat

I admire you

for taking charge of your life in spite of the hsv situation. In a way, I did the same thing, was completely devastated for a while, then pulled myself together and decided I would try to have the best life I can and put my herpes in its place as just a tiny virus, not something that can control or define me.

The only difference between me and you is:oops:

IT TOOK ME OVER TEN YEARS TO GET THROUGH MY DEPRESSION!!! Is that embarrassing or what???!!!

Yes, I was depressed and withdrew from ALL social activities for ten years. I really, really advise people here not to do as I did and put their lives on hold or give up on ever having a happy life.

I finally got wise but it took a catastrophic illness and weeks in the hospital hanging between life and death to make me see how ridiculous it is to let life pass you by because you MIGHT be rejected in your sex life.

Now I live as if I didn't have herpes except for the times when I am suffering through an outbreak and need to take care of myself and treat the outbreak. And except for the times when I just might get lucky and find myself about to get intimate with someone and then I know I will have to disclose my condition to my potential sex partner. I have never gotten that lucky and at my age and weight probably will not--but I am psychologically ready to face the world again and ready for an intimate relationship if one should come into my life. In short, I am living again, not just existing.

But you are a lot smarter than I am because you have figured this out without wasting years of your life. I commend your attitude and, from experience, know you are on the right path.

lifesstillgood

Stuffthis, good for you. I have had hsv2 for 10 months and beat it about 4 months ago. Having herpes has been such a positive thing for me both mentally and physicially. I am the most healthy I have ever been. I look and feel fab. I look at life with eyes wide open. How truly blessed I am for all i have in my life. Keep up the good work.

flames

reading things like this is so inspirational. Im so glad you now feel like this its a great read x

itsnotover

I am so jumpin' on the "I Beat Herpes!" bus ... okay, I may be getting a little ahead of myself, but it's really awesome to read about positive experiences and outcomes. I'm really happy that you've had this epiphany. Good luck to you with the dating site! Keep us updated! =)

behappy

It will get better!

I just want you all to know...IT DOES GET BETTER. Accepting HSV mentally and NOT letting it beat you is AWESOME and is KEY to suppression, but either way, physically OB's WILL become fewer and MUCH farther between.

My ex gave HSV to me, and I had my first OB ON our honeymoon 12 years ago. I had no naive idea WHAT it was until I saw a doctor when I got home (also, I had only been with ONE other person to whom I was married for almost 13 years!).

Anyway, the first few years were AWFUL---painful OB's all the time. But, now I get an OB once or twice a year. Personally, I only took Valtrex in the last few weeks of 2 pregnancies. Other than that, I chose not to take suppressive therapy. With or without meds, the frequency of OB's diminishes greatly over time---keep that in mind. My advice is to get to know your body, your OB triggers, and symptoms. Take care of yourselves and stay as healthy as possible---

And, MOST OF ALL, STOP WORRYING! I believe STRESS is the biggest enemy and causes numerous problems in your body. It is the BIGGEST TRIGGER for an OB! Do your best to relax and BE HAPPY!

Austin

Realizing that you are far from alone is the first step. So many people are impacted by the Herpes Virus.

I joined this forum for support. I'm really glad to see that there are positive people on here that are taking steps to get past the trauma that this Virus causes in our everyday lives.

SmokieNitz

Take a look at the "lets do something" thread. There is a positive looking research program that looks like it is getting some steam at U of FL. I donated what I could to it. Everyone on this site should donate something as well. I too have had a hard struggle with this virus and have decided that i am going to fight it. I will do what I can to beat it and this looks like it is a step in the right direction. Congratulations on your mental breakthrough, I have just had mine as well. DOWN WITH THE STINKIN' VIRUS

Strong

And, MOST OF ALL, STOP WORRYING! I believe STRESS is the biggest enemy and causes numerous problems in your body. It is the BIGGEST TRIGGER for an OB! Do your best to relax and BE HAPPY!

I just recently met some one from positivesingles and I haven't been on there in almost a yr and a half. He emailed me out of the blue. He has had H for 10 yrs and he said it does get better and it's really all about nerves and he never lets anything upset or stress him out. Stays calm because he believes that's the most important part of keeping obs away. It was soooooo good to get to talk to someone in depth about it. My ex who gave it to me would never want to talk about it and shut down when I tried.

I was so happy I could, and to be able to ask questions to some one who has been there for a decade and to hear how positive a life he has had. I almost cried.

sweetheart87

You have inspired me

Stuffthis

You have made my day even better. I was diagnosed with GHSV-1 a day before christmas eve and it just killed me. I had no idea how i was going to face my family with the worst OB ever I could barely walk and sit. As being a 21 year old female..I thought there was no hope for a relationship..and you saying you are finding great singles makes me think that I can find someone to. I know people say it gets better...and i'm really starting to believe it as well. Yes i have this herpes virus and yes I do get OB's but it's not going to control the person I am. I am stronger then the virus.

Have you talked to your doctor about a suppresive treatment..i'm taking 800mg of Acyclovir...maybe that will help with the OB's??? I know it's been helping me...I am also taking 1000mg of lysine a day as well plus a daily vitamin. I hope everything goes well for you and thanks for the hope!!!

JCL
I think today I have finally come to terms with having this personal hell. Just today it seems to have finally "clicked" like this isn't me it is a virus. I am currently having a really bad OB and have been having a rough time. I have made the decision to use suppression meds. (1000 mg twice a day). I know that seems like a lot but I have had 6 OBs since Sep. when I was "blessed" with this.

Shortly after having this I nearly lost my will to live. I think I owe keeping it to this website. Seriously. I feel a lot better. For the past three months I have been walking around like a pissed off zombie. I have had the shortest fuse with everyone. School suffered, work suffered, my family suffered.

Today I said fuck you herpes. I am not herpes. Herpes will not control me. It has altered my life but I am as of today retaking control.

I also joined positivesingles.com. (I am only 22 and don’t want to be alone forever…) I actually have met some really cool people on there. That helped a lot. I would suggest joining for anyone. Also if you are worried about posting a pic as I was there is a feature where u can select to allow certain individuals to see your photo which is just great. The whole world doesn’t need to know who I am.

Maybe I need to focus on me for awhile before I go back into the dating world. I have big plans for myself and was (until about three months ago) always told I was the most ambitious person people know. I just hope someone will read this post as I did so many others and get a little inspiration from it.

I will continue to try all the supplements etc with the suppression. I have taken 85 1000mg tablets of lysine in the past 7 days only to get a new sore during this OB. Yeah that’s probably way to many but with my mind frame this week that is probably the least self destructive thing I considered doing this week….

Maybe someday there will be a cure – if there is I will be the first person to sign up for human trials. I have a feeling when the valtrex patent falls off we will get something pretty great. I doubt well get a cure but maybe a better suppression pill a new formula that works 100x better!

It will get better - because it has to.:cool:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take 1000mg of vitamin C a day as well 50mg of zinc along with your lysine. The HSV is not only a virus but an infection to the body. The vitamin C will fight infections and should help with any swollen lymph nodes in the groin or throat area. As these are also a sign of infection. Taking Vit A daily will also help tremendously to boost your immune system. Raw minced garlic will also help tremendously. Applying zinc oxide cream to any open lesions should help dry them out. Cutting out large amounts of meat and dairy or eliminating all together and consuming protein from more plant based sources may help in boostering the immune system. Taking warm water with fresh squeezed...must be fresh...lemon juice into the warm water will add vitamin c to the body, help cleanse the body, and detox the liver of any parasites circulating.

This should help tremendously with your outbreaks or possibly even eliminate them. Good nutrition is the key to a healthy life. An excellent immune system is better than any drug the Rx company can administer with its side effects ranging from mild to harmful. All things in moderation so do not over do the lysine, vitamins, or anything else.

The claim is there is no cure for herpes. Like any virus, it can be killed through sterilization--destruction of all microbes. Sterilization to the human body is deadly. I believe there is a cure somewhere for a lot of major diseases but for the right price.

All the statements made above have not been approved by the FDA. I am not a doctor. Always consult a health care provider before taking anything foreign into the body. This is just my personal experience given to help and benefit others and i am in no way stating it is a cure for HSV 1 or 2.

Any further questions feel free to email me. jay_lea1@yahoo.com

slimbyslim

good call on the suppression meds, I can't imagine not using them for this condition.

lovingbear123

I believe there's hope in finding a cure, I know that I will always have hsv type 1 for the rest of my life but I can choose to look at it as in hey, I have it and if no one will accept me for it.I will have to find someone who had it too and will love me for being me and not for who I am not. it's hard, and I'm more scared that if I wereto date someone who had hsv they might have other complications..but getting to know someone is key. I hope the pain will never come again but I could never be so sure. I hope my bf will acknowledge that he might of had asymptomatic symptoms and have it to me..our I could of had it too without knowing until I started feeling the obs come on. good luck everyone! and I hope you stay positive and look for the right vibes in the right people.

my spelling is so terrible im sorry haha

jenn40

Just found out today. I love this post. I am trying to see the bright side. I'll go to that dating site. Thanks again