World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lela123

Could use some wise words

lela123

Hi there,

I just joined and wanted to share my current experience with the herpes virus. I found out I have HPV 1 & 2 about a year ago and made the mistake of telling my so called "best friend" at the time. We got into an argument over my current boyfriend, whom she liked at the time he and I started dating and has since spread horrible rumors about my condition. We live in a very small town and from what my sources tell me, majority of everyone I grew up with knows that I have herpes. That does not bother me as much as when I run into people at the shopping center or grocery store and they treat me like I'm absolutely disgusting and/or look at me like I'm slum. :(

I really feel hopeless and am trying to figure out the best way to deal with this. I keep praying about this, in hopes that God will grant me the wisdom of how to deal with this situation so that I don't allow myself to sink to the level that my so called "friend" has and so that I can overcome my feelings of inadequacy and low self esteem. Any wise or inspiring words are appreciated! Thanks.

MsLucy

It seems obvious that when your bf chose you over her, it hurt her pride and her self-esteem. So her way of making herself feel bigger was to try to make you feel small. The thing is, doing something like that always backfires. She may have succeded in making your life difficult, but in the end, she's the one who's shown herself to be the smaller person.

Rumors die. In time, you'll be old news, superceded by something more tantalizing and juicey for everyone to talk about. No one will remember what was said about you now, but what they will remember is that your 'friend' can't be trusted, and that she turned on her own friend like a dog. Karma. Sooner or later, what goes a round, comes around.

Hold your head up and look the world in the eye. Although you're (unfortunately) the one currently suffering the consequences, this is not about you. It's a test of her character, and she failed miserably. Don't let her drag you down with her.

lela123

Thank you MsLucy

You have really brightened up my day! ;)

Thank you for your support!

Ultra Violet

Ms Lucy is so right. A friend of mine had an affair with a married man in our group of friends. His wife found out and told everyone. She was understandibly hurt and felt betrayed and wanted to lash out. My friend felt like no one would speak to her ever again.

People gossiped. Some stopped speaking to my friend. Then, only a couple of months later, people starting speaking to her again, lots of people confided in her that they too had had an affair, some apologised for their treatment of her after they found out.

Then the next scandal broke and my friend was old news. It occasionally comes up again but not in a nasty way, more like "remember that thing that happened".

Your "friend" has shown herself to be untrustworthy, emotionally immature and to be a catty b*tch. Others will remember that. She is damaging her reputation.

Fight4Life

ultra and ms lucy are right your ex friend is a bitch... i mean if she saw some one with cancer would she make fun of them too, who makes fun of someone for being sick...ahh im angry now...its true what they say in tough times you will see who your true friends are. Just hang in there because what doesnt kill you will only make you stronger.