World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lioness

I just want the pain to go away

lioness

I'm new here and I've been browsing the forums. It seems like most people have more emotional troubles than physical troubles when having herpes. I'm the other way around. I'm in the middle of my first outbreak and it has impaired me greatly. for the past few days I've been in so much pain that I have not been able to function like a normal human being. I can't even walk and the mere thought of peeing makes me want to cry. I've tried many tricks and meds.. I can deal with having small outbreaks for the rest of my life but I just want this one to go away..

lifesstillgood

Lioness it will get better I promise. the 1st outbreak is the worst. I dont suffer from having herpes emotionally and not really physically either. When I do get an outbreak it is very mild and just itchy. Not a biggie. Hope you feel better soon.

Naturegrl38

be positive

Lioness- I know exactly how you feel. My one and only outbreak was awful. To put it mildly I wanted to sit in a bath of ice for a week to numb the pain. I could not sit fo rlong periods of time and the thought of peeing was awful... I was placed on Valtrex immediately even prior to my culture coming back positive. Unfortunately it did last for over two weeks but after the first 8 days became better.

lioness

Thanks guys. I have been told by many people who have herpes (including my own mother) that the first outbreak is the worst, but it's always nice to hear it. ;)

snowgal

Me Too!

Hi Lioness, I was diagnosed 2 days ago. I started my first outbreak on the 4th of January. I too am going through horrible pain with any movement. I am trying to find home remedies. Collodial Silver can be taken orally and applied topically. Apple Cider Vinegar as well. Diluted at first is best I've read. Right now I've soaked a maxi in the ACV and am trying that, it stings at first, but after about 10 min the pain dulls. It doesn't compare with the pain of trying to pee. I also found that sitting in a hot bath with sea salt seemed to help.

I wish you the best, you're not alone.

silverlining

Honey, I am going through my first outbreak and my sores are conveniently located right on the uretha, a few on the labia, and my anus...triple hitter!! Oh and on top of that I have some sort of yeast infection that's keeping the area nice and moist. I don't think this is ever going to heal :( I don't want to eat or drink anything but then I'd just get dehydrated and that's not good. My solution so far has been trying to sleep as much as possible. But that's getting harder to do..could only sleep for 4 hours last night :mad: I feel for you! No drugs have kicked in yet! My next resort is ibuprofen--but be careful as I almost ODed earlier and I had only taken very little over the recommended dosage. I think maybe the stress of the outbreak made the effect worse.

I am praying to anything/one that this is going to be my worst experience. Because I really don't think I could survive another one of these. Especially during the semester...

lioness

I'm so sorry to hear that :( I hope you feel better soon.. I can't imagine having sores RIGHT next to the urethra.. When I went to urgent care the nurse practitioner was telling me about a girl who had been in about a week ago who's herpes sores were so bad she simply REFUSED to urinate. They had to attach a little bag (I forget what those are called) from her bladder because if they didn't her bladder would actually explode o_O I can't stop thinking about that girl and hoping that she is feeling better.

anyway, I think I'm beginning to recover. I don't know if it's just all the drugs they've given me (4 prescriptions, plus lysine and constant ibuprofen) or if I'm actually improving, but I feel so much better now than I did when I first made this post.

lioness
Hi Lioness, I was diagnosed 2 days ago. I started my first outbreak on the 4th of January. I too am going through horrible pain with any movement. I am trying to find home remedies. Collodial Silver can be taken orally and applied topically. Apple Cider Vinegar as well. Diluted at first is best I've read. Right now I've soaked a maxi in the ACV and am trying that, it stings at first, but after about 10 min the pain dulls. It doesn't compare with the pain of trying to pee. I also found that sitting in a hot bath with sea salt seemed to help.

I wish you the best, you're not alone.

Vinegar? I believe you but it just sounds like it would sting :/ the same nurse practitioner I was talking about also suggested to me that I get a maxi pad, soak it a little bit (but not completely) in water, let it freeze and then wear it. I never tried it but maybe someone else might want to because it sounds like it could work.