World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Naturegrl38

Some advice please

Naturegrl38

Ok so this is what happened I was with someone in July mostly protected and once unprotected , approximstely 5 days later I thought I might have had a tear because the sex was strong. It burned when I pee'ed and was very red. I panicked a little because after the fact I had asked about STD's and he did not respond ( he was a doctor and in the airforce so I did not htink I had to worry)

I went to the doctor ( obgyn) which I had just had an exam 6 weeks prior for basic routine . He was not sure and said it coud lbe 50/50 so we did a culture. and he started me on zovirax and valtrex just in case.

The culture came back positive and the pain physical and emotional was unbearable. The guy was not surprised did not rush to get tested but called me a week later and said he was negative and maube I had a false positive.

Could that happen? I never had bloodwork just a culture, I have not had an outbreak since but not sure if it is becasue I have been on valtrex from day 1.

Should I ask for a IgG from my doctor to be sure. I am coping and have since met a few poeple and it was difficult to tell them but they have all been very open. Maybe it is my age 38.

Any advice woudl be appreciated.

Nemonamedjoe

If they did a culture those are really hard to have false positives but is possible so it might help you emotionally just to get a second test done...it is possible that you have gotten it from another partner and it is just now showing up it can wait in your system for years with no signs or symptoms

Naturegrl38

Thank You

Thank you for your response.

Emotionally I have come to terms with it, I reached out to my previous 3 BF but then figured I would stop there and just focus on me. I believe teh culture was accurrate just based upon what I have read about this virus.

I also tested positive for HPV this year at the same time. My focus is about me now and getting healthy and trying to figure out the best way to keep this under control.

I have been on the suppressive therapy since day 1 and will be adding Lysine and changing my diet . I exercise regualry.

The hardest part is that I am single so when i am dating the hardest part is telling my partner or when to tell them. 2nd date ???

Nemonamedjoe

Thats personally up to you...

How i see it is i will date them and really get to know them then when the time comes and i feel that they know the true me i will tell them..

although sometimes it doesnt always work out that way i met this chick and dated her for a bit then one night out of no where she was all over me she got all my clothes off then i was like wait wait wait i have to warn you i have herpes and she flipped left my house and never saw her again lol...

so just be careful and be ready for whatever the circumstance

Naturegrl38

Thank you

Thanks so much for your feedback..

It defiantely depends on the situation. Sorry to hear about your situation.