World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
No Pasa Nada

Testing - Round II

No Pasa Nada

Kay, so it has come to my attention that I was initially (and solely) tested with a non-specific test. I was going to test again months out, anyhow - diagnosed early October - to truly confirm the results. The first round was positive.

Question is where can I get the Western Blot done, if it's the most accurate? Or even more generally, what kind of doctor or practice is best for this? Will they know what the hell I'm talking about, when I ask for a type-specific test?

No Pasa Nada

So I found the answer on racoon:

Western Blot for herpes testing is now available through Quest Labs all across the US, if your doctor/clinic uses them for labs - test #34534

The link to the University of Washington website is - http://depts.washington.edu/rspvirus/herpes.htm all the info you need is on that website too.

The information below about sending your own sample may, or may not, be applicable today as rules and regulation about shipping liquids has changed. Check out that aspect by calling UW before going to too much trouble in getting your blood drawn.

But we're talking vials and ice and ridiculousness that really should not be necessary.

Back to the navigation question...

xmarks808

I did not know that Quest does them now???

I got a WB done with the UNIV of Washington. I found a local doctor willing to help me and had the package shipped to them. Then went to the doctor, got the blood drawn and spun and shipped overnight back to UOW. It took 5 weeks to get the results so you will have to be patient if you are going to do this test.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • 2kroc
      Yes, just have sex wearing clothes and a condom, also don't kiss. No disclosure needed.
    • 2kroc
      Have sex  with at least one of you wearing clothes + a condom  next time, if you really want to protect him.
    • 2kroc
      All negative, Except for hepatitis B which is something you're vaccinated (They give you antibodies) against in the military. Before, I go through the trouble of re cropping another damn picture for you. I'd like to ask what your response will be if I show you the results and they're all negative?
    • 2kroc
      Universities receive most of their  funding from Pharma companies. Scientific studies aren't cheap, Pharmaceutical companies aren't going to fund research on food supplements when there's no pay off for them. It's naive to  think big businesses would fund research that'd directly decrease profit.  Then there's the possibility of the pharmaceutical companies bribing the government agencies from genuine health research, to keep themselves in business. https://thevaccinereaction.org/2018/04/big-pharma-pays-universities-for-most-medical-research-in-u-s-today/   Also, No one outside of the research community has the resources/contacts to prove they're cured. Even if they scored a negative on a western blot test/IGg, scrutinizers would just claim the virus was dormant or they never had it at all. Other than blood test, There is no easily accessible method to determine whether or not the virus is completely eradicated from your body.
    • WilsoInAus
      @2kroc where are the results of the three preceding tests?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.