World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
kmd19

Misdiagnosed

kmd19

I cannot express how furious I am. I was first diagnosed with herpes 2 years ago, about that anyway and I then had a second outbreak that lasted for a year, or so i thought. After a year of suffering and trying everything to get rid of it I went back to the clinic for them to look at it again... turns out the blisters are not herpes related, they were caused by infected hair follicles. So there I was, legs spread open with 4 people (2 nurses, one doctor, and one medic student) looking at me as I burst into tears. They tried to console me, confused by my upset as they thought they delivered good news, completely unaware by the stress I had to go through of thinking no medication will supress my herpes outbreak! Not to mention that I was given 6 months worth of aciclover when I shouldnt have been taking it in the first place. So please be careful with the info they tell you. double check your blisters on your own. If there are single hairs in the middle of them, then it could more likely be an infected hair follicle!!!

lioness

That's terrible! I wonder why some doctors are so careless about herpes when it is such a common disease..

I am sorry to hear that you had to go through all that stress for nothing.

curecomingverysoon

Did you have a swab? Did you have the iGG type-specific blood test? Is it possible that you have herpes AND folliculitis?

kmd19

That's what I thought afterwards! I just did some research and found that I could have herpetic folliculitis caused from when the fluid in herpes blister spreads, which would explain everything. Just annoying I had to find out myself and the doctors didn't have any idea.

new09

Did you have a blood test done two years ago or was it a visual diagnosis?