World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Livelyone

Embarrassed!!

Livelyone

Rejection hurts like hell. What hurts the most is the not knowing. I am not sure if I am being rejected because this guy has suddenly developed a fear of h. or he has just lost interest.

It is odd he seems intrigued to hangout and be with me but since the talk his interest in me intimately is pretty much over. I feel so embarrassed by the situation and I am so fearful to pursue anymore conversation about the matter. Part of me wants to just drop the possibility of this relationship as quick as I can and just move on. I also like the guy. I just can’t face anymore embarrassment. What do I do?

curecomingverysoon

Well, people get rejected in life for all sorts of reasons - their weight, their height, their smoking, their eye colour, their...well, everything. This is another reason why you might get rejected, this is true, but in a way it weeds out the good from the bad very quickly so you're not wasting your time on that person!

Morning

If you think it's worth it, point out to him that you've seen this change in him and you're not sure what to think about it. See how he responds. If you don't have clarity at that point, I would say trust your gut. If your gut is telling you to move on, then do just that. I know the rejection piece is hard. But it is so true that even without HSV we can be rejected for a whole host of other reasons. That right one won't reject you for anything!

Morning

chooseyourbattles

I agree. The absolute worst part is when someone acts standoffish to you, and you don't know if it is because of herpes. Usually it is, but you can't always assume that.

I told this one guy, and then he seemed to be avoiding me, and I asked him three times if it was because of herpes. He said no, and I thought he was lying, but he came over two months later. Now I'm worried again, since he hasn't called lately. He's always been like that, but now it makes me paranoid.

Herpes makes you lose your trust in people.