World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
CSN1968

Belated thank you and a question

CSN1968

This is a belated thank you to all of the positive responses I received to my initial post back in October.

THANK YOU!

And now the question part. The diagnosis I've received is gHSV-1. I feel so dirty and unattractive that I wonder if I'll ever want to date again. Sometimes I feel like not dating would be easier than ever having to tell someone that I'm HSV +. In fact, the only people who know are me and my doctor! (And the millions of you on this site :rolleyes: ) I'm just wondering if anyone here just decided to stop dating.

Thanks!

curecomingverysoon

That's a common reaction. I've taken an extended, extended break myself but I don't think it'll be happening forever anymore.

I did take the step of making a profile of positivesingles.com. It's a pretty user-friendly site and it's full of really good people who just got stuck with this problem, like you and me and everyone else here. I actually found it very emotionally helpful to realize just how many people are out there. They've also had a lot of success stories. But even if you don't actually choose to use it, it's helpful to just take a look around.