World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
making it

great relationship

making it

I have had HSV 2 for almost 2 years. At first I was sad alot didnt want anyone to ever touch or talk to me again. It took me a whole year to realize that Im more than the disease. Anyways I meet a great guy and of course I was nervous about telling him. I almost lost him because I was too afraid to tell him. Once I had the talk while balling my eyes out. I let a day go by and he called and said lets make it work tell me what I have to do to protect myself. The first time we have sex I was so nervous and he made me relax. Well its been 9 months and he still negative and we have a great realtionship and sex life.

The scarest thing is the talk. The first person I told didnt respond to well but it was ok. He was honest and we are still friends.

curecomingverysoon

I love hearing stories like that. Amazing to hear. Glad that you have the beginnings of a happy ending.

That's a good question. If he doesn't you should make sure that you tell him that chances of him contract HSV-2 through oral sex are very very low.

Am I wondering how you tell him about outbreaks (if you have any) and that you can't have sex right at that moment? What are you guys using in terms of protection - condoms and suppressive treatment or just condoms or just suppressive or just avoidance during outbreaks?

making it

No he doesnt give me oral. I never asked he does finger me though and it took a while for me to let him touch me like that.

respond #2

I dont have break outs much thank goodness. If I have a outbreak or feel one coming on I would say hey she went on vacation and he knew what that meant. I also have a mirror that I always keep to check if anything looks different. We use condoms. I used to take supressive pills but i felt I didnt need them since i didnt have break outs that often.t I only had 5 or 6 outbreaks and they went away in 2 days. Instead of pills i watch what I eat many websites say dont eat nuts, to matoes, chocolate and try my hardest no to stress.

livelaughlove

have u asked him why he doesn't give you oral? or do you not care if your not getting oral?