World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
snowgal

4 days into my first outbreak and OUCH!

snowgal

Well, I was diagnosed 2 days ago with genital herpes. This is my worst nightmare come true. I'm upset and hurt, my partner claims he was tested when he broke up with his last girlfriend. When I told him, he said he's never had it but he didn't seem surprised at all.

Every day it gets more painful to exist. I'm scared and worried. Sites have said the first outbreak can last for 4 weeks! Has this been true for anybody? Can I hope that it may be sooner? What can I do to ease my pain? Does anybody know of some good home remedies? Please let me know.

I'm trying not to break down, I've cried so much these past couple of days. I'm trying to come to terms with this but it's hard.

fuller

It's okay hun.. Yer not Alone..

yeah that's about the normal reaction. I destroyed my life at first.. drinking.. self mutilation.. self hate.. suicidal tendencies.. the whole works. after a while I cried so much..I tried to cry again and there was nothing left but being numb...thinking I didn't have a life aymore. My first outbreak was so bad I couldn't even sit down.. I couldn't even leave my house because of pain for about 2 weeks. I finally went in to see a doctor pale as hell adn whimpering in pain.... but I refused to at first because I was overwhelmed with shame and discust about my situation.. and it was a small town where people hated me. After I went in though I finally got releif.. I got perscribed Valtex.. and in the beginning it did really help. It takes time.. in the beginning you do get quite a few outbreaks.. and they are very uncomforttable.. Just as hard as you can don't scratch teh area or touch it if you can.. I bought baby wipes to use instead of toilet paper to feel more sanitary.. and I just bathed all the time in the beginning to help. You could try dynamiclear.. speeds up healing faster.. and valtex at the same time in the beginning. The real trick is, if you let the virus win.. and take over you... it will make you resent your life.. or make you depressed... and your quality of life will not be the same. This is what you have to avoid even though in the beginning it's gonna be too hard.. because you need time to adjust. day by day it's gonan get better. All in the same year I was diagnosed.. I met a guy.. told him right away that it's getting better and more managable but that I had the virus.. turns out he decided I was incredably honest and a good person anwyase.. becuase he ased me to mvoe in with him.. then we ended up pregnant.. and I ended up having to havea c-section becuase of something that actually ahd nothing to do with herpes.... it had to do with my hip bone..they were expecting me to deliver naturally.. and were generaly not worried unless I had a present outbreak.. which i did not have my entire pregnancy. To let you know I have never again ever had an outbreak like my first one.. I mean not even in the same ballpark.. they are hardly to be considered anything at all in comparison now. You will have to control your stress level to keep your immune system up to par to fight it off. You still need to get out focus on what si good in yer life when you are ready. We ended up gettin married after I had the baby. We've been togther 3 years and so far he does nto have herpes. I stopped takind valtex a year ago. I just pay close attention to symptoms and abstain when I need to. I excersize.. and eat pretty well.. but I don't go overbaord.. I changed my mind about everything about my life one day when i got sic of it having control .... and then before I knew it my life was back together and I am thankful everyday. Some days It gets a little hard.. but I always boucne right back into just being myself.. and not letting it define me as a person.. I am still the same person.... So are you.. things might not have worked out this way without teh virus.. so you can't blackball life. Know your not alone okay. It will get easier. less frequent.. less severe.. seems like forever.. but time will go by fast. It was a week before my 19th birtdhay I got it.. and now I am 21 and living a very different life. i wish you the best of luck... message me if you get any questions...

sweetheart87

I was diagnosed with it theday before christmas eve. I didn't know what I was going to do. I hurt so bad to do anything walk, sit and even going to the bathroom. Once I was on the medication though I was done with my outbreak within a couple of days...and everything started to heal. One thing you can do for the pain is to put cornstrach...it sounds weird...but it works...it will help with the sweating down there. And take a warm shower...that helps to. Just don't put any creams on it cause if you use a cream it may have an affect on the open sores and could take longer to heal.

lioness

I'm very sorry to hear that. It is true that some OBs can last for weeks, but I was only diagnosed a week ago and my first OB is already mostly healed! It's very hard emotionally and physically in the beginning but you eventually adapt and it becomes just another aspect of your life. Good luck, I hope this site helps and I hope you get better soon.

snowgal

Thankyou

Thank you Lioness, Sweetheart87 and Fuller. You're words and the knowledge that there are people that have gone through this and are going through a first OB like me (mine started 2 days after New Years, what a way to ring it in huh?).

Sweetheart87 I was wondering how much cornstarch did you use? did you sprinkle it on and let the body absorb it or wash it off? Did you ever try making a paste? I'm definately going to try it.

Thank you all so much for your support!

We will beat this!

sweetheart87

cornstrach

I only put a little bit on right down there and let it absorb a little bit. If need be you can always put a little bit in the underwear cause when you walk all day and stuff you can sweat. I never tried the paste...but that might be a good idea. Good luck I hope it works for you.

Chirpy

Hi Snowgal

Firstly you have to remember that Herpes is manageable. The first outbreaks I had were a nightmare, so painful and all I wanted to do was cut my penis off! It gets better with understanding what Herpes is and what triggers outbreaks, then you can develop a symptom management plan. Took me about 6 years to realise this and now I enjoy a healthly life where i control the Herpes, not the other way round.

There is a lot a stigma about herpes which frustrates me and probably alot of other forum members. Local and psychological stress is one of the main triggers for me and now I manage both and haven't been happier, in fact, I'm a lot stronger because of it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is light out there, you're just going through the worst part. There is so much support on here that I'm sure you'll be fine.

Take care

flames

hi snowgal, it will get easier. I know you feel all these horrid feeling at the mo but this is why we are all here, to help, support and advise. There are so many people here who have alot of experience with this, I dodnt know what I would of done without this site. Ive only been on here a week and Im so much more clued up and emotionally stronger due to these friends on this site. Pm me anytime u want even if ya just need a moan or just someone to listen. I really hope it gets a bit better for you xx

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

He who laughs last, thinks slowest

A day without sunshine is like, well, night