World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
itsnotover

To Tan or Not to Tan ...

itsnotover

I have read that exposure to the sun can trigger an outbreak. This may be a silly question, but does that mean that I shouldn't go tanning either then (I have gHSV2)? Or if I were to (for say, a special occasion), would it be beneficial to just wear panties to cover the area? Would that provide enough protection? Or would it be neccessary to cover the "boxer zone" entirely?

curecomingverysoon

Well I'm not sure you quite grasp the concept. The theory is that getting burnt anywhere on your body will trigger an outbreak, not just a burn to your genitals.

This is a trigger for some but not for others (like all the rest of them) so there's only one way to really find out if your GHSV2 doesn't "like" the sun.

itsnotover

Ah, okay - I get it. I thought perhaps it was direct sunlight (which would most likely be more of a concern for oral cases). Thanks for clearing that up for me.