World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
lioness

Shaving + herpes?

lioness

I shave down there regularly. Can doing this cause irritation that could potentially trigger an outbreak? I don't do it WHILE I have an outbreak simply because it's too sensitive. But when not showing any symptoms is it okay to shave your crotch?

itsnotover

Good question! I was wondering the same thing. But then I wonder if shave bumps will have me all freaked out that I might be having a mild OB?

MadamChi

I do it and havent had any problems as of yet.

I did during my first outbreak, cause I didnt know I had it and boy was that a mistake, spread it like wildfire.

But so long as that's not going on - I dont see why not. Just dont share your razor...

M

bluefrog

there are many posts on here about shaving. If you are careful, and do shave while NOT having an OB, or on the verge of one, you should be fine. If it becomes a problem you may want to consider waxing.

snowgal

shaving still

I was shaving down there when my OB started. After 2 days the hair is coming in and the stubble rubs painfully. I have been shaving the worst areas and I can move easier. Which is worse? Should I let the hair grow? Does shaving irritate the area and make the OB last longer? Or is hair rubbing worst?

lioness

I know what you mean - when I was in the middle of my OB it was impossible to shave and the pubic hairs started to grow in and be all pokey.. (sorry if that's gross) anyway it seemed to add to the irritation to me!

nekochan

Just don't shave when you have an outbreak or tingling. I shave all the time and haven't had a problem spreading.