Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fanny

Am I contagious? Is this shedding?

2 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed 20 years ago. I've been married for 16, and my husband has never contracted anything. I haven't had sores since my first OB, but every now and then I have a feeling like sunburn on the back of my thigh. What is this, and am I contagious when I have this feeling?

I was wondering the same thing...

From what i understand...no one really knows if you're shedding when you feel the burning/tingling, etc. I was infected late october and have had those feelings on a daily basis with no ob's tho. I've not been abiding by any 'rules' to prevent ob's either. I have two jobs, go to school, drink acohol and coffee, etc and have not had an ob. So who knows what the tingling means! It does not precipitate an ob for me personally. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this matter. Ciao.

FaithRN

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• YammyTea
      @crookbristi I do the same thing. I try to sanitize the entire bathroom after every use. Sometimes he will make it in there before I can get back and it freaks me out. But, I was told you can't get it from a toilet seat.
    • Clunk
      It's too soon for the antibodies to show in a blood test. Did your doctor swab the sores? That's how I was diagnosed - my blood test was negative also (acute infection). You will experience very bad flu like symptoms with your first outbreak. Give it a week or two. It will pass. As for medication, my doctor prescribed me Valtrex which I used till the box was empty. I haven't had another outbreak since my first back in July last year. Physically, you should be fine - outbreak wise. The biggest problem you will encounter is the emotional impact. It's a hard pill to swallow, dude. Give it time. Confide in some close friends. It does help. 
    • Clunk
      Man I was really down when I posted this. My one year anniversary was July. It was a bad time for me.  I guess I can say I'm feeling a tad better about being H+. I left this site just after my previous post. To be honest, it helped me. IMO, you need to be in a positive head space when reading about herpes but sometimes even reading others stories/experiences makes you feel like shit!  Herpes sucks but there's nothing I can do about it. If I ever meet another girl I will still disclose my status and perhaps even ask her to get tested for HSV herself. I'm still angered HSV isn't screened in STD blood tests. I still say if it was and more people knew they were carriers, it would not be stigmatized as much as it is. I hope anyone reading this has come to terms and acceptance of herpes. It's shit and no one deserves the psychological pain it brings but it does make you see the world and things in general differently.  
    • male999
      I'm a 30 year old male. had sex with some random young female, and even though I wore a condom, 2 days later I had several blisters on the scrotum, which can't be protected by a condom.
      now I'm in the 11th day and have fever too. blood test didn't show anything but from what I read it should show only 12 weeks after exposure. Reading information and forums about the disease on the internet just depresses me even more, I am in a really bad mood.
      I'm embarrassed to talk about it with my real friends as I never heard about anyone that got it which I know in person. I feel like I lost my freedom to do one of the only things I actually enjoy in this life, just because of some random fun. that my autonomy was stolen for me, as I never expected this to happen. Like the nature is giving me a sign that it doesn't want me to exist. It was hard enough for me to look for a serious relationship even before, and now, especially after reading posts here, I feel like this is something that should seat down the bottom of heart, whenever I'll meet a new potential partner, and how should I behave in such situation. This is mainly because I don't know how the future would be like. My doctor said that theoretically it is possible that there will never be additional outbreaks. but not being able to know what the future holds is killing me from inside. and also I read that even without outbreaks it can be infectious. On the practical side, I was wondering if there's anything that is recommended to do now, while I'm in the midst of my initial outbreak? Perhaps take some natural supplements (curcumin, ashwagnda, etc.) or eat something, that can somehow fight the virus and improve the chances that I will not have future outbreaks?
    • Lisajd
      So what you're saying is you have now given her HSV 2.  As you know there is always a small risk and that's unfortunate and interesting given that she has hsv1.    Sometimes it's almost luck of the draw that these things happen but I do think that there is for men to women is higher at any rate so the odds are kind of against you to some degree.  How did she get diagnosed with HSV 2. I know you are probably upset and I'm sorry for you but remember she knew the risks and chose to take that and at the end of the day now you both have it so you really don't need to take antivirals anymore no worry about transmission and I know that probably doesn't help at this point in time
    • Terrell
      Been on antivirals for two years plus olive leaf and lysine with no visual outbreak not my girlfriend who only had has1 is infected with hsv2 wow! Heartbroken 
    • dont quit!
      Wow, you've read one article more than me and you think your fucking Einstein, lol. What a joke.
    • dont quit!
      Idgaf about the current article you read. Everything you have plastered is review, it's nothing special. Maybe to you it is, plus my question wasn't even directed at you. I asked Sanguine because I know that he is knowledgeable with science and I have some background as well. You keep answering me as if I asked you something specifically. I DIDN'T, nor do I care about your fucking feedback. I do my own research. Just because I haven't been participating in the forum as much as I used doesn't mean I don't research.
    • Lisajd
      If you have oral.hsv1 oral sex is a risk as is kissing.  You can pass to genitals thru oral.sex.  
    • crookbristi
      Yammy, don't be afraid of loving your child the same way you did before  I have a 10 year old boy and am his only parent. I hug, kiss, snuggle and love on him the same way I always have. And he is totally fine! It actually has helped me cope a bit too. I don't let him use my bath towel and disinfect the bathroom after every use. But that's as far as I'll take it.  Get your kid snuggles on! Bask in his innocence and unconditional love. It will help you feel better. 
  • Featured