Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lovingmom

kissing my kids goodnight

2 posts in this topic

I will die if I can't kiss my kids - there are 3 of them. Does anyone know about this. I never want them to feel how I feel and I do not ever want to infect them. I have no visible outbreak but I should still be aware. Should I wipe their cheeks off after I kiss them. My littlest will give me a mommy smootch on the lips and now I am paranoid. I got diagnosed today with no guidance except the internet and I am at work - subsequently crying in the bathroom. I can learn to live with this - just need to kiss my kids everyday. If you have any guidance, please share. I'm lost.

Why

do you think it would be bad to kiss your kids? You can't give them genital herpes unless you have sex with them (or sometimes babies get it during the birth process when the mother is unaware she has it and hasn't taken precaution). If it is cold sores, then don't kiss them when you are having an outbreak but otherwise, I would not worry about it. The chances of getting a cold sore must be weighed against the chances of kids feeling insecure because their mom was afraid to kiss them. About 80% of the population has cold sores, active or dormant, mostly dormant.

If you are really worried about this, ask a doctor about it. But I think the doctor will say the same thing I did; stop worrying and kiss those kids!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• cantdoit
      Makes you wonder how sick this poor man is and here he is working so hard to help people with this shitty virus. I spoke with him on the phone one time. He gets how horrible this virus is. He's talked to scads of people who suffer endlessly from nerve pain and constant outbreaks as well as the psychological aspects of it. He really cares. I hope his health improves. I thought his comments about it tricking out immune system made sense. It's an insidious virus. 
    • G.anonymous
      @WilsoInAus4  yes a pcr test on blood. But it says here that it's reliable (and other resources) 
    • LucyLevi
      I just read his blog thank you @cantdoit  I thought his parting message said a lot about his determination in respect of his own health issues If you ever saw “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” all I can say is, “I’m not dead yet.” Let’s save mourning for when it’s appropriate. in the meantime, let’s get ‘er done Real message about positivity 
    • cantdoit
      Halford just commented on his blog which is good because he'd been a bit quiet which was concerning given his health issues. He also made an interesting comment about how this tricky virus dupes our immune system into not attacking the virus and to just living with it.  He feels his vaccine will wake up our immune systems and encourage it to attack. Very interesting. May explain why many have severe issues and few don't. 
    • WilsoInAus
      PCR on blood?? That is the wrong test. It must be a blood test for IgG antibodies, type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2. He should return for this test if he is keen to understand his status.
    • Lisajd
      My doctor is helpful but I did my own research and I've learnt a lot in the last year about what I need to do to keep away outbreaks and also prevent the risk of transmission.   Did you actually tell your doctor you were in a relationship at the time.  
    • Sadpanda90
      I believe I have herpes whitlow also.. I'm having another ob and another blister is forming on that same finger.. am I never going to be able to touch myself or anyone else again with my hands? I'm feeling really depressed and afraid right now..
    • cantdoit
      This is ridiculous and untrue 
    • Lisajd
      It depends what brand you are taking.   if you take acylvoir  you need to take twice the dose as valtrex which is 500mg a day.    Someone else will probably be able to give you some advice on this one but I take 500 milligrams ov valaclyvoir. 
    • Lisajd
      It is unlikely to get outbreaks on other parts of your body unless you touch an active sore and spread it that way genital herpes is confined to your genitals your anus and your thigh.  if you get the blisters again go and get them swapped.  There is a type called herpes Whitlow and I believe that can be on other parts of your body
  • Featured