What does Jesus think?

Needsacuppa

redyellowpurpleblue

i don't agree at all. you ARE saying that we deserve herpes. are you saying people deserve air born killer viruses too? that is complete roman type thinking that even the christians have dismissed as garbage.

if we don't appease the gods they'll send us disease and volcanoes ooh nooo...

society and religion has taught you that you DESERVE it. YOU DONT DESERVE IT!!!!!

again

NO ONE DESERVES DISEASE!!!!!!!!

Are STD's in existence because of the way society is today? In order to punish people for their promisquity? Probably. Unfortunately you really got screwed for the mistakes of others. I truly don't belive God gave you herpes to punish you for having sex before marriage. I think you were just an unintended victim of God's wrath that was meant for people like me (and probably your boyfriend).
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redyellowpurpleblue

• Livingwithit09

• MsLucy

• RealisticGal

God does not punish us for our sins. We make our own choices and decisions. I got hs because I didn't know enough about it, and choose to trust someone else. It was nothing to do with God. Hs is a virus

Faith in God is opening your heart up to his love. Jesus gave us hope and a way of life to follow, if we choose to listen and act upon his teachings. Jesus reached out to people, to help everyone. To love and care, to show kindness to others, to find peace in our hearts.

The only person I forgave was myself and that formed part of my acceptance of hs. God and Jesus don't love me any less for having this virus.

Umm....okay people isn't this What does Jesus think not What you think that Jesus had??? If he was going around healing everyone of the incurable then don't you think he could have cured his self if he did have anything? But that's beside the point...the bible does NOT say anything about Jesus being a ladies man or sleeping around even with Mary Magdalene like some of you may think because you hear it from some misleading source and not the bible read and learn for yourself people...Oh and don't just read ask the Lord for understanding when you open his good book!

its intresting to compair herpes to natural disasters or to a devil caused peramater. Im a christian still have lots of problems but everyday the bible helps me find truths and strenghts. in my heart i really believe lots of good comes from really horrible things. for those who contracted the virus from perfectly inoccent ways maybe God knows your heart and wants you to have it because he knows your strong enough and with the virus you can find your calling to be 'fishers of men". This virus has allowed me to bring more non believers to christ than i ever thought possible and because of that im thankful so thankfull for this virus. god is always testing us and it may be hard to think of a virus as a blessing... but it can be.

if you find a god man or woman think about how much better more caring and understanding that person is going to have to be. Thats a great thing...!!!! everyone has there on will or purpose for life and if you seek out his word he will seek you. Only then will you know why you got this?

but i beleive there is so many great things that ccan come out of this!!!

I think it's offensive to think that herpes is holy punishment. I haven't done anything sexually that I feel should be punished for. I think it's just as illogical to believe that God gave me herpes for having sex with my boyfriend, as it is to believe that Katrina happened because Ellen Degeneres is gay.

From what my non-religious background of Jesus has gathered, was that he believed in respect for every human despite society's prejudices. He'd see past the stigma.

Umm....okay people isn't this What does Jesus think not What you think that Jesus had??? If he was going around healing everyone of the incurable then don't you think he could have cured his self if he did have anything? But that's beside the point...the bible does NOT say anything about Jesus being a ladies man or sleeping around even with Mary Magdalene like some of you may think because you hear it from some misleading source and not the bible read and learn for yourself people...Oh and don't just read ask the Lord for understanding when you open his good book!

Because not a single one of us when there when Jesus walked this earth we cannot prove what he did or did not do. Dont you find it amazing that now when we have cameras, recordings and video nothing truly miraculous has occured. Unfortunately religion was established for the pure purpose of controlling people, power and ultimately money. Faith is a wonderful thing to have. To believe in a higher power is great. Dont worry about what Jesus thinks. Im sure he had plenty of his own problems just like everyone else.

redyellowpurpleblue
I think it's offensive to think that herpes is holy punishment. I haven't done anything sexually that I feel should be punished for. I think it's just as illogical to believe that God gave me herpes for having sex with my boyfriend, as it is to believe that Katrina happened because Ellen Degeneres is gay.

From what my non-religious background of Jesus has gathered, was that he believed in respect for every human despite society's prejudices. He'd see past the stigma.

yea thats what i was trying to say. people have their opinions but i find it offensive. its a very stone age thinking, sex is natural.

the gods did not rain disease upon only bad people (and your assuming something as natural as sex is "bad")

Because not a single one of us when there when Jesus walked this earth we cannot prove what he did or did not do. Dont you find it amazing that now when we have cameras, recordings and video nothing truly miraculous has occured. Unfortunately religion was established for the pure purpose of controlling people, power and ultimately money. Faith is a wonderful thing to have. To believe in a higher power is great. Dont worry about what Jesus thinks. Im sure he had plenty of his own problems just like everyone else.

That's when something that is called FAITH comes in to play. Just because something miraculous has not occurred does not mean it won't occur because it will but when it does occur will you believe that it will be something of the religious sort...certainly will not because I now the bible and trust in the Lord. I am not worried about what Jesus thinks because I know he loves everyone no matter their flaws or beliefs. We all have a choice now to be religious...but real soon we want have a choice we will have to choose and yes even atheist...you all will see it is just a matter of which religious side you will be on The true believes of Jesus are the false christians who will be tricked into following the antichrist because of his false miracles that he will perform and win many people over to HELL!

Don't give up and hide

I believe that God has forgiven me for contracting herpes (young, naive and unmarried) but what I can't cope with is knowing I have to live the rest of my life single, as I simply cannot and will not draw the courage to tell a man what I have. I know that is pretty gutless of me, but I just feel like I've got so much other 'baggage' as well that it is easier to be single, even though somewhat lonely. I mean really, 2 kids, herpes, hepatitis C, panic attacks and depression - you'd run a mile if you met me! I get so sad at how I've managed to wreck my own life. I've prayed and prayed for a miracle over the years, but I think I just have to learn acceptance and get on with what is left of my time on earth. I say all this but truthfully am totally lost.

I know how you feel...I am 64 (that's old and in California, that is illegal!) and I am overweight and eccentric. The last thing I needed was herpes.

Nevertheless, I will not give up on my life or my love life. Even if I never find love (and the odds are that I won't), there is something wonderful about being willing to get out there and try; it makes me feel more alive. I would like to think that there IS something attractive about me, even if it's just that I have the courage to chance it and to tell someone I have herpes if I need to, if I get lucky enough to be close to someone who needs to know. I DO NOT look forward to this kind of an awkward, embarrassing, potentially rejecting, conversation! But ultimately, I have decided that refusing to have a life, refusing to at least try and find love, is scarier than the dreaded "talk."

It's hard to face the world, let alone dating, with baggage--but, then, if you think about it, we all have baggage, particularly as we get older. No one goes through life without having something. Everyone has to reveal at least some embarrassing things if there is going to be any chance of real intimacy.

Embarrassment, shame, awkward conversations, rejection....all of it is better than giving up. It is not human to give up. I am not one who believes "there is someone for everyone," or any of the other platitudes about finding love. I know the odds are against me. I know I can live alone very well because I've done it for years. I may have to be alone for the rest of my life. But I will not hide from the world. I made the mistake of doing that for ten years, and will not waste any more time not living.

It reminds me of an old saying: "Ships are safe in the harbor but that is not what ships are built for."

If you have faith, then pray for the courage to face life, herpes and all, with an adventurous spirit. I know there is no easy answer for those of us with herpes and other baggage in our lives. But hiding and giving up is not really living, it's just existing.

Let's take a quick look at your situation:

Two kids--how many adults past a certain age do not have children? MOST adults have kids. Many adults love taking care of children and look forward to interacting with them. Some men, the immature types, would reject a woman over having children. But many men, especially the mature, decent type you would probably want, would not.

Hepatitis C: Very common. How many people live their lives without getting anything? Everybody's got something. For some it's allergies, for some it's skin breakouts or epilepsy or diabetes or a back injury. If you have stuff, you can bet that lots of men do, too.

Panic attacks: Sometimes meds can help, sometimes hypnosis, sometimes you just have to live with them. I have had them. They are pretty common. Anyone who condemns someone for having panic attacks would be a fairly judgmental person, I would think.

Depression: One of the ways to fight depression is to get out there and socialize, be willing to take new risks. And, of course, sometimes meds are necessary to stabilize depression. I suffer from some mild depression and I take St. John's Wort (1000 mg. per day). I have never thought that it made me less of a person. If you are not depressed full time, maybe there is room for some socializing and even some low key dating. If you are depressed full time, get whatever psychiatric help you need so that you can function.

I am a deist. I do not believe that God wants us to put our lives on hold because we have problems or because some people will not understand and might reject us. I also believe that courage and a strong spirit comes from God and when we pray for these character traits, we can gain strength.

Don't give up on your life. Decide to do whatever you can, even with your handicaps and baggage. No one is without flaws, problems and suffering. I wish you the best of luck in finding someone who will be accepting and kind, but, even if you don't have good luck, I hope you will at least go out there and live instead of just existing.

You've prayed for a miracle. Some miracles have to be self-created, with God's help. Pray for courage, self-esteem and the strength to change things if you can. You can unwreck your life if you choose. Look at it this way, since you are lonely now, what do you have to lose?

And, if you ever get to southern California, look me up and we'll get together for coffee. I doubt if I would run if I met you. We could sit around and exchange hard luck tales and find a way to laugh about at least some of it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a well documented fact that Jesus had both type 1 and type 2 herpes. He got type 1 from Mary kissing him when he was a kid (she got it from Joseph). Type 2 was acquired in his late teens.

He accepted it and did great things, and so should we.

redyellowpurpleblue

It's a well documented fact that Jesus had both type 1 and type 2 herpes. He got type 1 from Mary kissing him when he was a kid (she got it from Joseph). Type 2 was acquired in his late teens.

where is it well documented? i want to see it?

underINFORMED2009

Hey of you want to bust out with crazy Jesus stuff then why don't you go over to the thread where you may find some like-minded people:

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/messageforum/showthread.php?t=3245

• 1 year later...
I don't really blame God..... I know He is broken hearted that I have this. It's just....I think....I think I thought I was too precious for this. Or that I was meant to be precious. I don't know.

Thanks for your post, I especially appreciate that you said I didn't let Him down. being told that has really helped.

Thanks everyone

You are precious!!

• 1 month later...

Hey... Your story sounds just like mine.

It's really hard to deal with the guilt.

You will be okay and you will come to see that he loves you he loves you he loves you. "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us..."

x

• 1 month later...

You still are precious. Just because you have herpes doesn't mean the Lord doesn't still love you. He loves you dearly. Think of those that had leporsy (not sure if I spelled that right..I'm an awful speller) in the Bible. When society rejected them, stayed far away from them, didn't want anything to do with them, were too afraid they'd get what they had if they went near them Jesus went up to them and spoke kind loving words to them and was there for them. He's there for you and always will be. And you are very precious to Him. He thought of you as he died upon the cross. Satan wants to use your herpes to draw you away from God and make you feel all those negative feelings. God wants to use your herpes as a way of becoming closer to Him.

Herpes simplex is a virus that humans get. Humans do not contract viruses because of any wrongdoing. They contract them because they are there.

All animals, and even plants, are subject to contracting viruses. They don't get them as punishment for "sin" or wrongdoing. Tell me how a lily, or even a mouse, would sin.

Viruses are just a condition of life on planet Earth.

:wavey:

So glad I found this ancient thread this evening. This inane post and the follow-up gave me the biggest chuckle of the day.

:harharhar:

So glad I found this ancient thread this evening. This inane post and the follow-up gave me the biggest chuckle of the day.

:harharhar:

I saw this a few weeks back and thought hmmmm and had no idea how to respond.

I'm wondering where this documentation is ;)

• 2 months later...

Don't understand why naysayers post in here.. there are so many other threads that are not specifically Christian.. This is a place for Christians to share their faith, which is helping us cope with this.. Why would you come in here, dealing with the emotional rollercoaster of this yourself, and make people feel any worse? Go post your negativity elsewhere please.. Try "The Bog of Eternal Stench."

And "NeedsaCuppa," you know our bodies are just our shells, it what is inside that's eternal.. If we were perfect, we wouldn't need Christ to save us from our sins. The disease is irrelevant, but our actions and behaviors is what we have to struggle with daily as Christians.. I still make mistakes daily, but through the grace of God, I am forgiven.

"For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes, has eternal life." John 6:47

Totally agree Now.. Diseases are part of the human experience, end of story..