Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buildingbridges

???????????How do I get Valtrex??????????

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

My name is Liz. I posted here before and I need some help. I haven't had an out break since last November but every once in awhile I get irritation and pain. (I have HSV-2). It's getting to be almost every day pain. My question is: how do I get Valtrex with out a prescription or better yet without health care? Last time I paid $35 for 15 pills!! I couldn't believe it.

Since this STD is so secretive and America hides all of us in the closet and forgets about us and teaches us not to talk about it because its "shameful".. I'm suffering and we're all suffering. Doesn't make since that this isn't just a pill you can get over the counter? All they are trying to do is make money off our suffering and track the statistics (which in my book are just getting worst!)

So, I need help. And I need medication. I would like to go with one day without pain. Can you help me? I'm willing to pay you for your pills. I have paypal, I'm willing to meet up (I'm in Orange County), anything. If that doesn't work... please let me know where I can go or what I can do to get some medication.

Thank you,

Liz

[email address removed by admin]

What you're asking (for someone to resell their prescription meds to you) is illegal.

You can't get Valtrex without a prescription. If you can't afford it, ask your dr to prescribe Acyclovir instead. You can get that at any WalMart or numerous other locations for $4.00 without insurance.

First off that's totally illegal.

But secondly, $35 for 15 pills? I wish I was so lucky. My health insurance is super high deductible so I paid over $300 for the bottle of 30 my doctor gave me last time i wen tin (I was happy for it though, since it meant I didn't have to also pay for another visit the next few times I felt an outbreak coming on).

If money is an issue ask your doctor to prescribe Aclyovir instead.

Seriously I can't believe you are asking people to sell their drugs to you...that's first illegal, and no one is going to want to sell their Valtrex when it is expenisive.

If you are on a tight buget just ask your doctor to prescribe aclyvior...it's super cheap..you can get it at Wal-mart for $4.

Further explanation of above posts

Accyclovir is the same thing as Valtrex; it just requires that you take more pills. So if you can't afford Valtrex, ask the doctor to change the prescription to Accyclovir.

I only use my Valtrex for emergencies, that is, when an outbreak is very severe. Most of the time, I prefer natural remedies because they allow my body to develop its own antibodies which helps me have fewer outbreaks and less severe ones. I have used Dynamaclear with great success. It is applied directly to the sore at the height of the outbreak and shortens the healing time and also helps prevent future outbreaks. I also take vitamin C and I take lysine when I feel an outbreak coming on. I take ginseng capsules every day and I believe that has helped a lot.

Warning regarding this thread

Selling or providing prescription drugs without a license is illegal and not permitted on our forum (including in posts and other forum activity). If any member acts against this policy they will need to be banned.

Thank you for your attention and understanding.

~ Admin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Maybe1day
      This article was from about a week ago, but i wonder how in/out of context all the responses from Dr. Khalili were, and if they're really seeing that level of success.   http://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/features/oral-and-genital-herpes-four-experimental-treatment-strategies/20201735.article#CRISPRCAS9 "But now researchers believe they may have developed a way to permanently remove this unwelcome guest. They are using a gene editing tool, CRISPR/Cas9, which can target and cut specific sections of DNA. At Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, researchers are using the technique to target viruses, crippling their ability to replicate. The idea is to “eliminate the virus completely”, says Kamel Khalili, chair of the university’s department of neuroscience. The strategy has already had some success at treating HIV in pre-clinical studies. Now, the researchers have adapted the technology to target the herpes simplex genome and are currently studying it in animal models. Although the results are not yet available, it’s looking “very promising”, Khalili adds. Two different sections of herpes DNA were targeted in laboratory studies, which reduced viral replication to zero in infected nerve cells[5]. The targeted DNA sequences were from HSV1 but identical to the HSV2 sequences, meaning that it “should work for both”, says Khalili. In animals, the system can either be applied topically to the skin or packaged in an inert virus that transports it to infected cells deeper in the tissues. It “appears to be extremely safe”, Khalili says, with no effect on the cell’s own DNA sequence. The technology developed by Temple University has already been used to establish a biotechnology company called Excision Biotherapeutics, also based in Philadelphia, in which Khalili is a stakeholder. In six months, the company hopes to have completed the animal studies and is “rapidly advancing towards the clinic”, he says. And if all goes well, Khalili says the treatment will be available for patients in less than five years and “could be used for whoever has the virus".
    • brookeb300
    • OhFuckMyDickHurts
      As a woman you can have kids while positive for HSV-2. You just need to plan ahead the birth and such. 
    • brookeb300
      I was just asking.  I'm not doing research on it.  There isnt a lot of good research.  Its a case by case thing I think.  sorry it puts me in a really bad mood.
    • Clearme
    • Maybe1day
      @Clearme Sure hope so. I obviously don't think they're dummies. Also, that conference was almost 2 weeks ago, still haven't heard or read any news or articles about it. 
    • Clearme
      Great Point!   Unlike anyone on this board they have decades of combined experience dealing with this virus and I feel confident they have thought this through very thoroughly. Do you think they would go to a National Conference in Boston and not have thought through these obvious concerns?  Like I said before, Dr. Bloom chose to study vector delivery years ago when he won the 50k HSV Pepsi challenge instead of chasing vaccines and the like which upset a lot of people on this board. He was looking long term and here it comes! There's your hope! rAAVs have many variations and these guys are no dummies....read their peer reviewed articles and follow their logic! Einstein Out!
    • Maybe1day
      Research. Try cesarean section delivery, for one. 
    • brookeb300
      ok what is accurate then?  
    • Herpadoodledoo
      Hey @Mogie89! How were you diagnosed? Via swab or by blood test?
  • Featured