Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gotitsowhat

Question about outbreaks and UTIs

3 posts in this topic

I am having my first outbreak in many months. I am glad it has been so long since my last one....

However, I am also having a urinary tract infection, a very painful one. I have seen a number of people who have posted here say they had a UTI at the same time as their herpes outbreak.

What is the relationship between herpes and UTIs? I asked the doctor I saw yesterday for the UTI and she just nodded her head and said that the UTI was because the herpes lowered my immune system and so the UTI happened. But...I have had many outbreaks without a UTI, most of them in fact. And I have had a number of UTIs that were not associated with a herpes outbreak.

There does seem to be a strong association between the two, though. It's a real bad combination, UTI and GH outbreak.

Anyone know anything about this?

Did you get tested for a UTI? I know from my first OB I thought I had a UTI and really it was an outbreak in my UT. Maybe that is what is causing your discomfort?

Feel better soon! :)

Did you get tested for a UTI? I know from my first OB I thought I had a UTI and really it was an outbreak in my UT. Maybe that is what is causing your discomfort?

Feel better soon! :)

How did you find out it was an outbreak in the urinary tract? Tests? I wondered if it could be that. Is that common? What is the treatment for that?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• edcoop
      This very same drug finished phase 3 in Japan rite ? Any mates from japan here who had a chance to participate in the trial and can share the experience? 
    • edcoop
      Hi Sanguine thanks for the reply. Im now taking daily antiviral, do you reckon I can take this supplement along wit it ? i also have st johns wort tabs at home. scared to use it as i heard it mihht impact wit the acyclovir. any idea about these mate ? 
    • twinkle27
      Hi. I've been diagnosed with HSV2 last year Dec and since then i'm having frequent OBs. every month i usually get 2 to 3 times obs. does anybody here have similar experience? i thought over time the frequency of OBs will be lessened. its been 9mos already and i still get it every month. i'm getting frustrated.  so i went to my doctor the other day for a check up and she said it might not be herpes. so she took a swab culture on it. the first time i was diagnosed with hsv2 was through a blood test. she also told me that i have mild yeast infection. is it possible that the cause of the sores was because of the yeast infection? now i'm waiting for the result of the swab test. i'm really worried about this..  
    • Hester
      I had a patient last week tell me she sometimes gets herpetic lesions on her gums (keratinized gingiva).  Apthous ulcers, on the other hand, form only on the soft, non-keratinized oral mucosa  (inner cheeks and lips, tongue, tissue not bound to underlying bone.)   I found this article online that helps distinguish between intraoral Recurrent Apthous Ulcer lesions and Herpetic lesions.  http://www.dimensionsofdentalhygiene.com/2009/04_April/Features/A_Primer_on_Common_Oral_Conditions.aspx
    • JBnATL
      Hi there, You are doing the right thing by demanding tests.  Hopefully they will find out what is wrong with you soon! This website has a keyword search function so if you were to search on "frequent outbreaks" you might find what you are looking for. Good luck! JB 
    • Sammie27
      Thank you. I know i just wish my ex woukd be honest i never blamed him for anything and all I asked was for honesty and he hasn't given that to me which is so unfair.i feel like if he told me yes I'm positive I'd have some closure.
    • YammyTea
      Sammie you have to forgive yourself. The lack of forgiveness can lead you down a very dark path. I'm tiring to get away from that place. Lean on your faith.
    • YammyTea
      Thanks for sharing BeachGuy. Today is my day of deliverance from the shame, guilt, depression, and anxiety. I will pray and take it day by day. Your story of running through the storm, is exactly what I will do. Through the heavy rains and lightening, I will continue to run because rain does eventually stop. Again, thanks.
    • Sammie27
      Ok I'm ready to be honest about how I got infected but please don't judge. I'm married. Have been sive 2011. I love my husband but never fully got ivee my ex. We had an encounter back in May. I was diagnosed with HSV 2 in August. My husband has never experienced symptoms and I never did until after my diagnosis. My symptoms are still fairly mild. Thank God. Here's my dilemma or several anyway. My ex said he doesn't have it. Promised me he'd get tested.  He's saying bith an IGM and IGG text came back negative. He hasn't shown me the actual report so not sute if I believe him or even that he took the test. I'm still living with the regret of my decision to be with tge ex. My husband is supportive and knows about my H but doesn't know all the info. He's decided to get tested this week too i don't want to pass this on to him if I can help it. We had sex for the first time since my diagnosis and all I did was cry from worry after. We used a condom and he didn't perform oral like he enjoys. I'm so ashamed that i complicated our marriage even more by allowing H to join our marriage. It sure puts a damper on being free in the heated moment. Now we have to be so cautious. Takes the fun out of it all. Sucks. Thanks for letting me vent. 
    • WilsoInAus
      This is very unlikely to be genital herpes of either type. Many things can cause a blister like lesion such as yeast and staph. It is possible you have an oral HSV-1 infection (despite testing negative) and this would mean you do not have genital HSV-1 owing to the immunity. It is also possible that you have actually experience bacterial issues or similar that have appeared like cold sores.
  • Featured