Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thetruth

Can u kiss someone without giving herpes if u have it?

11 posts in this topic

If you have oral herpes can u kiss someone without giving them herpes?

or can u never kiss again? I have heard u can give it even if you are not having a outbreak.

thanks

You don't have to give up kissing, you just have to be aware of kissing with cold sores or prodromal itch and tingling.

People who actually have cold sore outbreaks will experience the majority of viral shedding at these times.

People who never get outbreaks are the ones who experience more Asymptomatic Viral Shedding.

If you do get cold sores, you have a way to know when you could infect someone, keep in mind though, that you can still experience AVS. I have had a relationship for almost 3 years with someone who gets an occasional cold sore, usually from all day sun exposure, and have not contracted it. He usually avoids performing oral on me, but I really don't mind if it means reducing the risk of contracting them genitally.

I did not check your recent posts to see if you are symptomatic or asymptomatic but try not to stress over it, it just might cause more outbreaks.

I feel like I am allergic to dating.....

E:(

Every single time I try dating I seem to get an outbreak...It never workds out anyway....Its always the wrong kind of guy for me...So I have given up on the opposite sex...Friends only!!!!!:(

I have such a huge fear of passing it on to someone else, I'm so afraid to kiss someone again. I think that's one reason I don't really put out effort and try to date. Seems easier to just deal with it being single.

Sure you can. Just like you can have sex with someone without giving them herpes if you have it.

I've been seeing someone with oral herpes for four years and he never gave it to me.

The risk is there, which is why it's not a bad idea to let your partner know that you have it. Also definatly hold off on the kissing when you have a cold sore or think one might be coming on.

The vast majority of people have HSV-1 though, so "the talk" is pretty simple. Mine with my current girlfriend basically went "FYI, I get cold sores every once in a while" and her responding "Okay, well then we won't kiss when you've got one.'

this is totally killing me, i feel too guilty to not tell someone before kissing them, even with no symptoms, because of the slight risk/what it would be like having to explain later if they got a cold sore..

but i feel like not being able to kiss someone doesn't necessarily give enough time for someone to start liking me nearly enough not to just run away, especially when its a 'dating' situation rather than a friends situation...

i do feel like i shouldnt even bother talking to anyone attractive let alone dating them, the potential humiliation and hurt is too much..

I'm 32 years old and I was recently (2 days ago) diagnosed w/oral & genital herpes and have been in the 'severly depressed' state since then, but I am trying to pull myself up and get myself back on track. What has your experience been w/herpes and dating? I was with the same person for 7 years (neither of us ever cheated) and the first person I was with after that relationship gave me genital herpes, and I autoinoculated myself without ever knowing it. So you can see why this is so depressing. Anyway, I have a date with someone tonight and I'm pretrified about it. Have you been able to date with herpes and still have a positive experience? I'm so scared, I've been crying for the last 2 days and haven't been able to go to work. I want to know if I can have anything close to a normal relationship with someone. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks, I appreciate any help that you can provide. Thank you.

It's a new "normal"

Yes, of course you can have relationships. You just have to face up to telling the person before sex. This is awkward and not fun. Many people are embarrassed and fear rejection. And rejection can happen. Of course, before you had herpes, you feared rejection for lots of other things, including things you could not help (ethnicity, body shape, family, etc) anyway. Unfortunately, herpes gives us one more strike against us, a rejection factor and no one wants that. Personally, I hate it. But, on the more positive side, lots of people can accept it. Not everyone will automatically reject you or run screaming over what is, basically, a minor medical condition for most who have it. Some people are not ignorant. Some people understand that a relationship that means anything, that involves any real intimacy, must, sooner or later, deal with each person's baggage, physical and psychological. Not everyone will find hsv baggage intolerable, especially if that person is really right for you. Many people will find herpes a small risk if the relationship is a good one; herpes is very common while good, healthy happy relationships are not so common.

Yes, of course you can have relationships. You just have to face up to telling the person before sex. This is awkward and not fun. Many people are embarrassed and fear rejection. And rejection can happen. Of course, before you had herpes, you feared rejection for lots of other things, including things you could not help (ethnicity, body shape, family, etc) anyway. Unfortunately, herpes gives us one more strike against us, a rejection factor and no one wants that. Personally, I hate it. But, on the more positive side, lots of people can accept it. Not everyone will automatically reject you or run screaming over what is, basically, a minor medical condition for most who have it. Some people are not ignorant. Some people understand that a relationship that means anything, that involves any real intimacy, must, sooner or later, deal with each person's baggage, physical and psychological. Not everyone will find hsv baggage intolerable, especially if that person is really right for you. Many people will find herpes a small risk if the relationship is a good one; herpes is very common while good, healthy happy relationships are not so common.

Haven't been here long but this is the best post I've read on this forum so far. That's an excellent point about personal "baggage."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• LillianPanos
      TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM. JUST SAYING    
    • 61James
      It is no longer news that the Acquired immune deficiency syndrome Herpes Virus  is increasing by the day. The fear is that many people living with the sickness are scared of saying it because of the stigma that comes along with it.I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the voodoo world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Voodoo Priests had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Balogun(A powerful African Voodoo Priest), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions.
      Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that " I am NEGATIVE".
      You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Voodoo Priest via this e-mail: drbalogunspellhome567@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him  He will help you and his herb medication is sure.
      he has the cure on all this disease as he told me and it listed.
      GENITAL WARTS/
      PREGNANCY.
      EPILEPSY.
      GENPILENCIN.
      HIV AIDS.
      PREGNANCY
      DIABETICS
      STROKE.
      EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
      H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
      HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS.
      HERPES.
      SYPHILIS.
      CANCER.
      HEPATITIS A B and C.
      HIRE BLOOD PRESSURES.
      AND BODY BOILS.
      AND BODY DISEASES .
      THANK TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME OF READING MY TESTIMONY AND MOST ESPECIALLY YOU
      Dr Uwa I PRAY TO GOD TO NEVER LET ME AND MY FAMILY FORGET YOU IN OUR LIFE
    • Maybe1day
      I believe direct injection of some sort will be required either way, because AAV, as @OhFuckMyDickHurts has mentioned, will elicit an immune response so it may only be used once, that is if your body isn't already immune to it. So unless crispr is good enough to require only one treatment to eradicate the virus, some form of direct injection will need to be pursued. The way things are rolling now, if you get to live another 15-20 years, you might get to see the early stages of phase 1 trials. 
    • fixme1
      im glad to see it went well for you... you have courage , i have yet to tell a girl i am seeing (i am undiagnosed but my ex had it who didnt disclose till a break up) I know somethings not right so I still will have to mention it. hopefully i will go well and things can move on
    • Dragonfly07
      @boricacid Yes, it really is! Thank you. Me too!  @Blahdittilyblah Thank you. I am too. 
    • Free73
      I read a study which indicated that taking Valtrex as early as possible after primary infection can assist to lessen future outbreaks. There is certainly no evidence of it hindering production of antibodies or anything like that. There is also evidence of Valtrex continuing to assist in the decrease of viral shedding some time after suppressive therapy has stopped
    • Jennjennann
      No infection, discharge is normal. I forgot about the tea tree oil, I will have to get some. Thanks! 
    • crazypuglady
      Hi all, I have been taking Valtrex for almost 1 year and am wondering if it has any effect on the body's ability to develop antibodies? I am not in a relationship or intending to start one so would happily deal with outbreaks if it means relief down the track. Has anyone had any experiences or know of any research which indicates Valtrex limits the body's ability to produce antibodies?
    • TamaraHelen12
      Still don’t know the right words to express my Gratitude to the Great Dr.Ace After been diagnosed of HERPES 1 and 2 VIRUS in Feb, i was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until i found testimonies of Great Dr. Ace in an online research on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but i later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, i was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I’m truly grateful,i still do not know how it was cure it highly unbelievable it just just too real to be real i pray you have long life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support. i advice any one that is living with herpes virus should Contact the Great Dr Ace today, because it has the cure to any Disease Email him on Aceherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him on +2348056391583
    • TamaraHelen12
      Still don’t know the right words to express my Gratitude to the Great Dr.Ace After been diagnosed of HERPES 1 and 2 VIRUS in Feb, i was given so many health prescription and advice with no improvement, I totally lost hope, until i found testimonies of Great Dr. Ace in an online research on Facebook, Like anybody would be, I was very skeptical about contacting him, but i later did and he opened up to me and told me what was involved and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, i was cured from herpes by the herbal medication I received from him. I never thought that herpes can be cured, from the bottom of my heart I’m truly grateful,i still do not know how it was cure it highly unbelievable it just just too real to be real i pray you have long life so you can help many more people on earth with your herbal medical support. i advice any one that is living with herpes virus should Contact the Great Dr Ace today, because it has the cure to any Disease Email him on Aceherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him on +2348056391583 ,,.,..
  • Featured