Need help from real victims of H!

206GTI

there seems to be an ever unclear fact sheet on Herpes. All experts like docs, derms, sex clinics or online experts like Richard seem to claim that if I don't see blisters, i ain't got it.

but then there's always these messages of ppl telling me they come in all size and shapes.

ok, so i'm not sure if i have balanitis as all the experts tell me. 2.5 months ago, I had to take a 24 hour urine test. yi was stupid enough to stick my penis into the bottle to pee. i did this for the whole day. in and out the bottle. it was later revealed to me that the bottles used to contain acid! 4 days after the urine test incident, the skin outside the glans started to turn red. then it started to scab and flake, resembling a sun burn. it started to flake. then it was fine until 2 weeks later i got more redness around my glans. and it was sore too. strange thignwas it wasn't sore to touch it. it was only slightly sore when i moved around in my underpants. it must be the pubes scratching and stuff.

if this is indeed balanitis, why would my dick be infected by the acid 3 days later. WOuldn't it be immediate or within a night's time?

i ran a HSV-2 test on the 2.5 month mark or a suspectible encounter and it came out negative. also, i've been getting an almost continious soreish and pinkish streak and spots on my dick. alot of these marks have been there for a good 2 MONTHS!

so my question is, do u guys ever get red marks on your genitals for over 2 months?

and when you guys mention sores, do u mean ulcer/open wounds. or do u mean red marks?

First, I've never hear anyone say that if you don't have blisters you don't have herpes. Herpes can even go undetected for weeks/months/years while being a carrier. If you have HSV2, redness, tingling, and itchiness are some of the common signs that the herpes virus has found it's way to the skins surface.

When people mention sores we mean redish blisters than eventually break open. Once they break open they are small open wounds. They eventually start to heal by forming a scab and crusting over. The redness usually goes away with the healing process. You could have an outbreak that would last for 2 months but during this time lesions would form and heal in different areas in the same region, not just stay in one spot without changing form.

Who gave you a urine cup that used to contain acid?? I don't think you'll be able to find anyone here who can tell you about the effects of acid on your penis. You might want to go see a dermatologist if you haven't already. Sometimes a general practice isn't as experienced or knowledgeable as a derm for diagnosing skin problems.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply.

so sores = an unpopped blister on red skin? or just red skin?

ok, so u're telling me that no single leison should last 2 months, right? ok, stay with me here cause i think i might figure this out.

i have four leisons.

1. three come and go. these leisons can either be there for 5 days, the no problem for one day. then another 14 days, then 2 days without problem. Can outbreaks come back within a day or two? i'm hearing ppl say they get at least a week of break.

2. one which is on my glans is there from day one. is this evidence that its not Herpes related? funnyily this region is exactly where i had the most contact with the acidic bottle. this in turn deformed my glan/rim of my penis.

3. which leads to another question. Do herpes leisons happens to the urethea/glans? mty sTD clinic told me that it happens on the shaft and anything on the head of the penis is balanitis related. my urethea skin has also changed in texture to a scaley and wrinkly effect. it gets red and bumpy. its also slightly shiny when i masterbate.

4. can u have more than one herpes leison at once?

i went to a derm btw and h told me i have balanitis only. but i doubt it.

No HSV2 lesion will last for 2 months without changing in some way. It will break and eventually start to heal and as long as you're not doing anything to irritate it and keep it from healing then it shouldn't take too long to heal.

Additional lesions can form during an outbreak as well as immediately after. Some people experience constant outbreaks when they are first diagnosed with HSV2. The lesions will usually form as a cluster on an area of irritated red skin.

Lesions can form in the urethea and you will probably feel serious burning or stinging when you piss from the urine passing over and into the lesion.

If this has been going on for around 4 months then you should get a type specific bloodtest to test for HSV. After 4 months, the results of the bloodtest will have a very high accuracy and tell you whether or not you're infected with HSV. If the test does come back negative and you haven't put yourself at risk of catching HSV during that 4 month period then I wouldn't worry about having herpes anymore.

thanks.

i got a blood test for HSV-2 on the 2 month mark. how good of an indicator is 2 motnhs? i know 3-4 months would be close to 99%.

damn, this whole ordeal is eating me. i got some stinging pain last night plus diarehea. when i woke up today, my penis looks normal. i can't get this outta my system. its always smthg happening.

i guess i'll take another blood test. from what i read, a IgG antibody test is most accurate, right?

• 1 month later...

viral culture vs. blood test

The best way to know if you have herpes is to have your doctor do a culture of one the sores. That will tell you for sure. The blood test can tell you if you have antibodies, but not the location of the virus.

Good luck!