Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
F1017

Does your outbreaks on your lips or face ooze or pus?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have outbreaks (OB's) that ooze a clear pus that turns yellow or goldish and crust over? Is that normal or do i have impetigo? That is what is going on with me. Soars that are oozing like that. They never hurt, but man do this ITCH!

Any feed back?

Does anyone here have outbreaks (OB's) that ooze a clear pus that turns yellow or goldish and crust over? Is that normal or do i have impetigo? That is what is going on with me. Soars that are oozing like that. They never hurt, but man do this ITCH!

Any feed back?

Sounds like it could be either, you should have it looked at by a dermatologist. Impetigo should be cleared rather easily with treatment.

nobody's oozes a liquid that forms a yellow crust?

It sounds like you should have your doctor take a look at it. It's possible you have a secondary infection.

Yup, thats exactly what mine usually do...and I've had oral H for 16 years so I think I would know, haha. My mom has it too and thats also what hers looks like. The sore should dry up within a few days, kind of scab over, and then fall off. If it's still like that for a long period of time (maybe 9-10 days) then I would get it checked out.

Yup, thats exactly what mine usually do...and I've had oral H for 16 years so I think I would know, haha. My mom has it too and thats also what hers looks like. The sore should dry up within a few days, kind of scab over, and then fall off. If it's still like that for a long period of time (maybe 9-10 days) then I would get it checked out.

I was diagnosed with contact dermatitis most likely from poison oak. The stuff on my face never scabbed and actually is almost gone now in 4 days. I have it all over my body too. torso, legs, arms, foot, hand, fingers even. My dermatologist gave me prednisone to take for 1.5 weeks to stop my allergic reaction. I am taking benadryl for the itch and to help me sleep. I should get my blood test back tomorrow to verify I do not have herpes, but my Derm was insistent that I do not. Thank you all for advice and feedback. This is a very positive site. You are all doing a good thing here.

oh F1... I thought you were in the clear <<sigh>>

check in with us when you can kiddo.

I am in the clear. I have poison ivy or oak or sumac. Not sure. It is already much better. Can't even see it on my face now. They gave me Prednisone, 40 mgs a day to combat my allergic reaction to it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• LillianPanos
      Next steps? Now where dovwe get this? I am ready I need to do the abvic test first.
    • Renegadow
    • Hurtin albertan
      So today, I'm looking at my tounge and see I have a bunch of what look like blisters in my mouth! Mostly under my tounge. No pain so far associated with them but they do not look normal.  Question, if I have genital herpes, can I have breakouts in my mouth!?  I am completely stressed on this because my downstairs hurts bad and now I notice these.... Fml! 
    • Mellisuga
      Wanna know something funny? The only person I slept with (in my entire life) denies that he gave me herpes. He'd rather believe that I cheated on him. People suck sometimes. Tell him to suck it up and get tested. No one is so awesome or invincible that they can't catch things. No one is "clean" in this game. Also, it is possible that you might have had it from before - but that doesn't mean he should get all defensive about it. Fact is, he might have been exposed to it by now anyway - either from you, or someone else. Playing the blame game doesn't help anyone get the facts straight.
    • Mellisuga
      That fact is definitely on this site and on many others. It's well known.
    • Sanguine108
      quoting Halford from facebook. "https://liveherpesvaccine.com/2016/…/26/rvx-press-release-1/ Time to replace bullshit herpes technology from the 1980s that sucked then with 21st technology that works 100 times better and really will allow doctors (finally) to (1) accurately diagnose, (2) better manage, and (3) start preventing all forms of herpetic disease (i.e., cold sores, ocular herpes, genital herpes, neonatal herpes, herpes encephalitis, herpetic whitlow, and debilitating herpes-induced neuropathic pain that is similar to post-shingles pain but can last a human lifetime). Time to disempower a handful of pointy-headed herpes science nerds who have jacked this up for 30 years, and put real technology into the hands of the hundreds of millions of patients and doctors who are sick of dealing with a chronic disease for which there has never been a real solution. F----- the man! - Bill H. P.S. I only use dashes because the word "Forget" might be offensive to some."
    • honey_6974
      New stuff from Halford: https://liveherpesvaccine.com/2016/09/26/rvx-press-release-1/ http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-vaccine-focused-company-aims-to-end-herpes-300333596.html
    • dsharon
      Well for my wife the big issue was admitting that I was unfaithful. I'm older and married for 35+ yrs so the sexual component was probably less of an issue for us, kind of goes deeper as the need for a more rewarding sexual  relationship is what led me to play around, everyone is of course different in their sexual needs, our non sexual relationship remains very strong so thus our marriage endures. So maybe emphasize the other things in your relationship, but of course men and women are so different with respect to sex, I do miss the intimacy which my wife now no longer shares. So you don't mention how you contracted your HSV  - so are there trust issues involed with your relationship ?  
    • Prettypony
      Hi, I was diagnosed with ghsv1 in July.  Sunday morning, I woke up and my above my upper lip was sore. I thought it was a pimple coming through. Now I'm not sure.  It's quite painful and it's like a cyst like and hard. No itching , no tingling or burning. Could this be a cold sore? Could I have oral hsv too? It's day 2 and no blisteringood.  I tried to pop it, to get some relief but nothing comes out. Any input would be appreciated. I'll try to post a pic.
    • cms
      Hi All - I was diagnosed two years ago with HSV2 and have been married for 8 yrs.  This was a shock to both of us and we've seen counseling for it granted I still am dealing with my internal issues with having herpes.  We were doing fine up until a month ago when my husband was frustrated with our sex life and said he's not happy about dealing with my herpes.  I was not happy about the situation and I've been doing whatever I can to keep him safe - meds, condoms, etc.  I've tried to get past it and I'm at a point now where I can't find peace with having and dealing with herpes in general. Just last night, it became worse - in the heat of an argument, he said he didn't want a wife with herpes.  He knows he was wrong and apologized but it cut me deep especially since I am already having issues with it. He's been trying to be supportive of me and my feelings but I'm still hurt by his words and depressed about having herpes.  We're working though his "jerk" comment but I feel isolated and that I can't turn to anyone for support. Anyone go through rocky times with their non-infected significant other on the herpes topic?  How did you deal/cope?  I need a pick me up.     
  • Featured