Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Anonymous

Acne vs cold sores

1 post in this topic

Hi,

Can there be confusion between bumps around my mouth or nose and cold sores? I sometimes get bumps on my temple on both sides of my face also. The bumps seem to occur symmetric at times. That is, if I get a bump near (not on) my upper lip on the right side of my face, maybe a week (or less) later I'll see a similar bump on the right side of my face, opposite the first bump. A couple of times I ended up looking like Frankenstein (bolts on either side of his head)

I'm just trying to determine what the difference is between cold sores and cystic acne around my mouth, nose and face. I've never had a break out on my lips. But I always hear that cold sores can be anywere on your face. Is this true? And can it be mistaken for acne?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Newbies

• Latest Buzz

• cantdoit
      I didn't even get a sorry.  The only thing that makes me feel a little better is I made sure he lost his job. Further, sociopaths are found in high levels of politics, CEO's and cops. He was a cop. 
    • Disc0rdant
      I would say having sex w/o disclosing is sociopathic if he knew.  Doing it with no condom on top is 2x sociopathic. Again.  It does not make him one.  Look up sociopathic behavior.  They dont typically intentionally try to injure.  They have zero regard for other humans.  All about pleasure and manipulate to get what they want.  We all have behaviors that are.     Showing a lack of remorse or shame. The DSM-V entry on antisocial personality disorder indicates thatsociopaths lack remorse, guilt or shame. RED FLAG #5. Staying eerily calm in scary or dangerous situations.
    • Disc0rdant
      I do suspect people.  Especially after the last girl arguing that "STI tests" that I would pay for wouldnt catch bacterial stuff.  I told her they test for bacterial STI's, too.  I refused to accept her saying she had nothing and that I would forget about testing.  I respect both myself and her more than to back down, there. I am not desperate and stupid.  I had told her I hadnt had a date in 2 months.  So she prob thought I was.....  Even if I hadnt dated for 5 yrs, I respect myself first.  Anyway.  It wasnt until I completely insisted that she disclosed.  People just know when you are serious.  They arent stupid.  
    • thehopeisnear
      The most amazing thing just happened! @Chip Clark re-tweeted all of these tweets (https://twitter.com/TheChipClark).  I have never seen an CEO so involved in helping a community like this.  He really wants change for us and wants to see the HSV community get better treatments.  Today is a great opportunity for all of us to make a big impact.  I don't mean to spam anyone, but I want people to see this! A lot of people know other people with the disease.  There's a lot of support out there.   @crisper @GlitterDx @Norwegian123 @dont quit!17 @Sean123 @OhFuckMyDickHurts @Whyyyyy @SD777 @MoniqueLow @jreemi @eva13 @EyeOpener @Untouchable1 @Constant Diplomat @jpg @silverdream @LiveLife100 @LucyLevi @Elle22 @HC-Support-Team @LillianPanos @Ajuda @Malcolm @Mackie82 @Atrapasueños @JJ2017 @Rational Vaxxer @RVX Patient and Investor @Theblues @Smart_1 Please post here and get the attention of other users with the "@" sign with their username on HC so they can see what we are doing and how they can contribute!   We may have had differences in our views on some things, but we can all get on board for this!        
    • K_Sock
      How would less people get HSV with better education? Certainly I remember sex-ed very well and was told that the majority of people have oral HSV-1 and that it doesn't cause symptoms in 80% of people, even if transmitted to the genitals. To the teenagers this is taught to, the reaction is either that of disbelief (and fear or such = "I don't want to get it!") or it would be a complete disregard for HSV-1 as a concern as it's to prevalent & insignificant to worry about ("I probably have it..or will get it. I want to kiss boys/girls and I want oral sex."). In this way education poorly characterizes the disease, but it certainly should be eliminating the stigma more than it is.. The stigma exists because a) it's gross and b) it's unfamiliar (no one really hears about, or talk about HSV.). Stigmas are very very hard to eradicate..The only way to eradicate the HSV stigma would be to follow Ella Dawson's lead and keep putting real people behind HSV!  Coming out of sex-ed class, HIV, Hep-C and HSV-2 were really the only viruses to fear. HPV, EBV, CMV and HSV-1 where basically communicated as viruses we'd all get...   
    • cantdoit
      Thank you. He knew he had it and didn't disclose. Did he intentionally try to infect me. I'm not sure. Did he convince me how clean he was and how he always always uses condoms so that I would agree not to use one. I believe he did. Does this make him a sociopath?  To me. Yes. Am I stupid because I believe what he said to me. Yes. But I never went through life thinking what people tell me are lies. I believe them unless they show me differently. At the end of the day this guy was a pathological liar. Why did this happen to me?  Why was he put in my path in life?  I wonder every day. It's been over a year and I'm waiting for a cure to come. 
  • Trending