Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Anonymous

Acne vs cold sores

1 post in this topic

Can there be confusion between bumps around my mouth or nose and cold sores? I sometimes get bumps on my temple on both sides of my face also. The bumps seem to occur symmetric at times. That is, if I get a bump near (not on) my upper lip on the right side of my face, maybe a week (or less) later I'll see a similar bump on the right side of my face, opposite the first bump. A couple of times I ended up looking like Frankenstein (bolts on either side of his head)

I'm just trying to determine what the difference is between cold sores and cystic acne around my mouth, nose and face. I've never had a break out on my lips. But I always hear that cold sores can be anywere on your face. Is this true? And can it be mistaken for acne?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• Hansje
      Ah and I forgot, welcome here! 
    • Hansje
      Rational Vaxxer, can read your Tumbler but can't seem to register yet. I do not understand the haters. We all love you!!! 
    • Hansje
      Rational Vaxxer thank you for your message. It brings tears of happiness to my eyes. How great you must feel after so many years of suffering.  Many of us here wonder about shedding. Is it too early to ask? Can you tell anything about that? Enjoy your new life! And thank you for sharing here!  
    • Felina88
      Yes, he has seen a full remission of symptoms, but hes here now! So I'll let him speak for himself
    • Free73
      Why do you want to consider a relationship with this guy? regardless of whether he gave you the HSV or not, why are you still f*cking a guy who you say is manipulative? This is where I don't understand women. On top of that, this guy probably gave you herpes. Why are you letting a guy disrespect you simply for the sake of casual sex?  
    • Rational Vaxxer
      The Vaccine for Herpes. The Id and the ego.  We have all heard the proverbial sales pitch in regards to relieving symptoms or even some products claims to “Cure Herpes.” For me, I have seen and read ads ad nauseam for almost 30 years. This instant Snake oil that can or will be considered a cure seems like a good idea at the time.. You spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in desperation to get relief, only for the endeavor to end tragically at the bottom of the cliff of disappointment. This does not come without a mountain of buyers remorse. These events have left many empty and not without an awful taste in their mouths. If I may be crass, It’s not much different from dating a bunch of assholes your entire life and every experience ends the same. Sad and empty. For many years this was my experience with many attempts to find relief from this Herpetic disease. The countless hours and money wasted is just too much of a burden to grant it any more thought or remembrance.  This story however, has a happy ending. This solution I thought was too good to be true, actually worked. I received the vaccine for HSV2 from my friends at Rational Vaccines, as a trial participant in phase 1. Honestly I have tried everything under the sun and this was the only relief I ever received.  After the public press release of the trial information, I was granted permission to talk about my experiences in public. I knew there would be doubters and haters but I was surprised at the anger I received from some of the people I called friends, who frequent in the social herpes communities. I was called a bull shitter, liar and threatened ( cleverly I might ad ) to a fight in order to kick my ass for giving false hope. In the end, I am not worried about telephone tough guys or keyboard bullies who talk a tough game online, but in person, they say nothing. The reactions were very interesting non the less. It is interesting to me that some who suffer from an ailment for an extended period of time begin to become a victim of its grasp and this disease becomes part of their personality. It becomes about them, their life and their very being. In a way, a slave to ones captor, a sort of Stockholm syndrome.[1]  I wouldn’t be as so bold to say this is a great comparison, but its just for relation to the topic and discussion and of course, I am not saying this affects everyone. It was intriguing to me that a vaccine, that may be a therapeutic cure, would be so threatening towards a person. That is unless it threatened who they are or who they have become. This is just an opinion, that some who succumb to the hard grasp of this disease, can not help the end result of being consumed buy it. In the end, they are simply doing the best they can. They are in a struggle that is hard to win and one that is hard to accept. I know this because I lived it for over 25 years and many moments in great pain.  When I spoke about the vaccine and how relieved I was, the expectation of doubt should have been automatic and expected. Even though I was met with a few disbelievers and haters, I can’t say I could blame them for being skeptical. If I was on the other side, would I be the same way? Would it be just as easy to say “ Its bull shit?” I would like to think that my love of science would allow me to be more open minded but I have to be honest. If I heard someone say they received a vaccine for herpes, that not only relieved all of their symptoms but they no longer had outbreaks, I would probably say something similar to “ that has to be bull shit!”  Looking back, it’s very troubling to me that I allowed this disease to become a part of who I was and part of my personality, instead of it just being a nuisance. It would seem that the infection in my body, also infected my personality and became a major part of what I identified with. It didn’t just infect my cellular structure, it infected my Id and my ego. It seems I was not that much different from the haters after all. we both share the same issues but with different responses. HSV didn’t just change our lives, It also changed who were are. The good news is every new day is an opportunity to learn and grow from the past and reflections of new ideas. This experience with Rational Vaccines has been a game changer and It is my hope that many will feel as good as I do from this experience.This vaccine didn’t just give me my health back, it gave me my life back and gave my ME back.      [1] Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon first described in 1973 in which hostagesexpress empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors.   hsv2 herpblr cure herpes vaccinerational vaccines hsv1 genital hsv1genital hsv std 1 note         See rational-vaxxer's whole Tumblr
    • Rational Vaxxer
      Luv you Felina
    • Malcolm
      Moral of the story is: don't get tested. You can't disclose something you don't know you have. Funny how none of us disclose our ZVZ, HPV, or CMV status while we shave 4.7 years off our partner's life expectancy. But the culture doesn't exist, so the shame and guilt doesn't exist.
    • Tina Diego
      I'm so glad you found this forum.  I hope you'll get the support you need here. As far as the guy... it sounds like you really like him a lot.  I will give you my opinion, and you probably won't like it, but I think he sounds like a big player.  if you tried to stay with him, I'm afraid you will only be in for heartache.  I think you should run far away from him.  You deserve someone who will treat you better.  This one sounds like he would constantly be cheating.  Don't settle for him.  There are plenty of good men out there! Hugs to you.  I know you're hurting.  
    • cvh0007123
      Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and really am glad that I found it. I recently contracted HSV 1 & 2 from a guy I've been on and off with since January. I remember specifically on the Fourth of July we had sex. The next day I felt very sore down there and just figured it was because I hadn't slept with anyone for a while (about a month, with him) a few days later I developed blisters and very swollen lymph nodes.  I went through a pretty bad depression phase and still continue to til this day. Worst part is I haven't told my partner and figured now that I've contracted it this is all that I deserve. I've continued to sleep with this man after but haven't told him he gave me the STD. I hesitated because I would get regular pimples from time to time (before we started having sex) down there and thought that was the same thing - after getting my second outbreak, I've come to conclusion that it's anything but. The guy is very manipulative, and I thought he didn't know but now that I am aware of his ways I'm sure he did. He claims to want a relationship but I've caught him attempting to talk to multiple girls, carelessly sleeping with or attempting to. I wrote it off originally because he plays the nice guy roll (and in fact has some great qualities) but sometimes blows up when something doesn't go his way, claims he has trust issues, doesn't trust women, and lost his father very young blah blah blah. I just feel so stupid for it all. But is it pathetic that a part of me feels he does all of this because he contracted it from someone else and he doesn't know how to take hold of how he feels? Like he's behaving this way out of spite? Like if I tell him I can fix him and we could be together? I'm pathetic  How could I sit him down to tell him I contracted it from him three months ago? What if he denies it? Thanks in advance for you help guys.
  • Featured