World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
whyme11

herpes whitlow question

whyme11

i have developed a few small white bumps on one of my fingers. they are near my fingernail and i am pretty sure that it is whitlow. however, everything i read says whitlow is very painful with swelling and tingles etc. i have none of those symptoms, basically my bumps are clear and fluid filled sacs very similar to what one might get after a burn. just curious if anyone has any insight on this?

AnonGirl

I have one white bump that's also filled with clear stuff and it doesn't hurt at all-- I wouldn't even know it was there if I didn't see it. I got it a day or so after I touched one of my herpes blisters (when I was just discovering them).

Maybe we're lucky and don't have pain?

whyme11

i am virtually certain it is whitlow. i guess i am lucky in regards to having no pain etc.

anongirl just out of curiosity do you have ghsv? and are your ghsv symptoms pretty minor as well? i get no pain, tingling, burning, itching, nothing. just a little redness and i think that will eventually subside as i got it about 2 and half months ago.

annyi

I sometimes get little bumps with clear fluid inside on fingers in spring. Sometimes' a little itchy. I had those since elementary school. It would be more(5) in the years if I exercise a lot in the winter and wear not-so-thick clothes. I have GH, and I feel that is not the same.