World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
annabella

feeling very stupid

annabella

Hi everybody,

I'm feeling pretty miserable at the moment. To be honest, it's my own stupid fault this has happened to me. Last weekend I slept with a guy without using any protection. Then literally 3 days later I felt as though something wasn't right and I suspected herpes, but hoped I was just worrying for no reason. Went to see a doctor yesterday and she said she thinks it most probably is herpes.

I'm soooo stupid and I realise I deserve to be in this position. The man I slept with has a long term girlfriend (I do feel bad about this and even more so now! Know that it doesn't make it any better, but have been feeling quite depressed and his company made me feel better about myself) so I thought there'd be little chance of him having an sti. How naive I was! I haven't been thinking straight and now I feel like my whole life is ruined. I'm in a lot of pain right now and I feel like giving that guy a piece of my mind. This is just another in a long line of awful things that have been happening to me lately and i'm so frustrated, mainly with myself. I'll have to change my whole life because of this and all because I just don't think!!! :(

Truth

It will get better. You'll see! Everybody makes wrong decisions, but for now on you can focus on other things more important in life than sex.

I hope you get better and it could be worst. Try getting as much info as you can, you could start here.

Neverwouldathunkit

I took the approach of trying to turn this negative situation into a positive one. It is not an easy thing to do, and maybe it sounds kind of silly to some of you, but I try to think of the ways this not-so-wonderful problem can work in my favor. It helps get me through and pull me out of the "low" times.

Chin up...and best wishes to you.

GntiNh

I believe we all have a choice.

We can see things from a positive or negative view point. No one can tell you which is right for you. You have to decide.

Whatever your choose, there are people that can support you and listen. That's the best part apart this site.

Take care

Butterfly of the Moment

Hello annabella, please don't get too down on yourself. You didn't ask to get herpes from this guy, you trusted someone you shouldn't have. True, you made a bad choice in not using a condom, (I made the same mistake and occasionally beat myself up about it) but you are still you. I suffered so much mentally when I first discovered I had it...it took me 2 months not to fall apart...up until recently I've still suffered crying bouts and depression...my friends and family can't really tell anything is wrong...it's hard keeping up pretenses. I know you don't think so, but in time you will get through it. :rolleyes: