World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
hardtocope

burning / tingling sensation (down there)

hardtocope

I've mentioned this before but I'll mention it again for ease of reference.

I tested Positive for HSV-1 and Negative for HSV-2. I have lesions on my thighs and butt. I don't have a swab done, so I've self diagnosed myself as having GHSV-1. I know, I really need to get a swab.

I've had a burning / tingling sensation for over a month now? Is the burning / tingling sensation make it definitive that it's GHSV.

I've been under a lot of stress in the last month and a half because of my break / separation from my GF. Is this just a really long outbreak, because of the stress.

I'm not on any type of medication.

I've got a prescription for Valtrex should I take it to see if it reduces eliminates the sensation?

ntdc

I'm not on any type of medication.

I've got a prescription for Valtrex should I take it to see if it reduces eliminates the sensation?

This kind of medication (famvir i havent tried valtrex, but its similar)

reduces this kind of pain significantly for me.

Your mileage may of course vary, but its worth a shot, others have

had success with these drugs for reduction of nerve pain

GntiNh

I had nerve pain after both of my obs.

The doctor at the STD clinic explained that because HSV 1 and 2 lives within the cells and travels through the nervous system, and this is what causes the pain.

Years ago I had a back problem and after a great deal of traditional medical treatment I went to see a complementary health practitioner.

I had a course of remedial therapy and orthopaedic massage. It worked and I no longer walk with sticks.

The practitioner explained that the body can over-react to long term pain. It becomes a learned behaviour almost. That the nerve contract the muscles into spasm, restricting the blood flow. The normal system is that you suffer pain and the messages get sent to your brain so it can react. But if this is a constant pain a cycle continues, producing more pain.

Painkillers work by stopping these messages to the brain.

You also mentioned that you are having a very emotional time. Stress is very destructive on the body. I know you can't remove the stress, but if you tried the drugs mentioned maybe they would give you some physical relief.

Good luck

hardtocope

Yes I'm having a very stressful / high emotional period.

But I really don't want to become Dependant on drugs. I try to avoid taking medicine as much as possible.

GntiNh

Shame you haven't had more responses.

I did do some "internet" digging about nerve pain and damage. They all mentioned HSV.

So I came to the conclusion it's another symptom - great :rolleyes:

Have you considered massage and other not drug dependant treatments?