Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockgirl

Hand Sanitizer

3 posts in this topic

Does hand sanitizer kill the herpes virus? If so, is it just the alcohol based ones?

Yes they do, because alcohol with a content of 70% kills the HSV virus within seconds. Therefore when you buy a hand sanitizer, lookout for the one which is more then 70% alcohol or 70%

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Latest Buzz

• chefgirl
      I wasn't having constant outbreaks before I started taking it every day, once every two months or so. But now if I run out it's only a day or two before that tingle shows up. The meds keep it at bay but it's hard to tell if they're helping or actually making it worse.
    • dont quit!
      Not really studies have mentioned that if you eliminate 50-60% off HSV from the body, you are good and unable to spread. So 90% should work if the treatment actually works. Also everyone has some HSV in them thus the reason why it's a little complicated to diagnose.
    • Free73
      I don't understand what you need help with? Your boyfriend sounds a little immature. Not everyone will like the idea of herpes, but it's another thing to carry on like a 15 year old as he does. If he's really the one, then you should have nothing to fear by disclosing that you have herpes. If he does react badly and walks away, then he is clearly not the one for you and perhaps you overestimated his qualities. Either way, it's a great opportunity for you to find out whether he really is the 'one' by telling him you have oral herpes
    • lolaaa
      Guys,  I'm not even sure where to begin. So I have my guy best friend who I have been best friends with for years and we've been in a relationship for about a year now but it feels longer because we've known each other for so long. I haven't had an outbreak since we've been together until now and I haven't seen him because I told him I was really busy this week. I didn't think he thought of cold sores In such a bad way until his friend got one and he was telling me how disgusting it is (he never knew I got cold sores). I felt so disgusting with myself because he went on about how nasty they are and how he'll never get one etc, and he doesn't know I get them. I don't know what to do. It's only been a year but because we've been best friends for a long time this relationship is going to marriage which we've already spoken about many many times and moving in etc. He's the one and I don't know what to do now. A few weeks ago we were joking around on text and he said something in a joky way about 'getting herpes' saying something like go and get 'herpes' then and I tried to conceal it and say but cold sores are very common etc and he got agitated by what I was saying so I don't know what to do and none of the 'talk it out calmly' or 'educate him' or any of that nonsense will work. I need some real help and advice. He still doesn't know I get cold sores, someone please help! 
    • Peeved
      Exactly. Even if there's only 1% remaining it would have the same effect as if there was 100% remaining
    • cantdoit
      On April 4 I also tested 1.77 with IGG but negative with IGM after last exposure which was March 14. New infection? 
    • YammyTea
      "Many assume that if a test discovers IgM, they have recently acquired herpes. However, research shows that IgM can reappear in blood tests in up to a third of people during recurrences, while it will be negative in up to half of persons who recently acquired herpes but have culture-document first episodes. Therefore, IgM tests can lead to deceptive test results, as well as false assumptions about how and when a person actually acquired HSV." http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/stdsstis/herpes/herpes-testing/ "The challenge here is that the time it takes for IgG antibodies to reach detectable levels can vary from person to person. For one person, it could take just a few weeks, while it could ta ke a few months for another. So even with the accurate tests, a person could receive a false negative if the test is taken too soon after contracting the virus. For the most accurate test result, it is recommended to wait 12 – 16 weeks from the last possible date of exposure before getting an accurate, type-specific blood test in order to allow enough time for antibodies to reach detectable levels." http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/stdsstis/herpes/herpes-testing/
    • cantdoit
      Someone with a more science like mind should be a contact person 
    • Sammie27
      Wilsoinaustin this information came directly from the American Health Association.  IgG appears soon after infection and stays in the blood for life. IgM is actually the first antibody that appears after infection, but it may disappear thereafter. I had testing done for both igm and igg. My IGm which my doctor said was my history with the virus was negative but Igg was positive showing I had recently been exposed to it. It has to be from the ex.  Wouldn't  you say?
    • Brink
      Surely if you have followed the diet for the past 8 months you would be cured by now? James says it can take around 6 months (sometimes less) to get rid of the virus.  Assuming you had also been taking oregano oil daily and sticking to the raw diet every day.  Is it safe to say that his not worked for you?
  • Featured