World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sweetheart87

GHSV-1 and only ONE OB!!!!!

sweetheart87

Ok I was diagnosed in december of 08, 2 days before Christmas...merry freaking christmas to me right? Well so on, I had only 1 OB since my outbreak. I am feeling great. I don't even remember that I have it sometimes. It's been great. The great thing is, I have talked to so many people and they tell me they have coldsores and I tell them I do to, but I sometimes get them down there, and they are like damn that really sucks!!! It's like people don't even care anymore. I still take percautions when I'm having sex, I always use a condom. I just don't want to pass it on and you know what I HAVEN'T!!!!! I am feeling so great, I am so healthy, I haven't been sick in almost a year...it's been great. I'm taking care of myself, and I know I am healthy. I work out 4 times a week and I take my vitamins. I feel like a new person. I just want the newbies who read this to know that have H is not going to kill you, yes it sucks...but in the end you will learn to just ignore it and move one. H doesn't have to ruin your life, and you can make yourself a better person after all. I hope we can find a cure, but if we can't o well, I just feel soooo great and I wanted to share...

Sweetheart87

GntiNh

I'm pleased you posted. I remember when I first got it, and it was good to read positive posts, it helped.

I'm only 4 months in, but only had 2 obs, life has cbanged but it's changed for the better.

foxyloxy25

ghsv-1

Good for you on the OB front.

I too have genital hsv-1 and although it hasn't affected my life at all on the relationship or friend side - you are right, no one really seems to care, certainly about Ghsv-1 - I certainly wish I got less outbreaks!

I have had it for several years now and get 6-8 outbreaks a year. They are extremely mild, almost unnoticeable, but they still happen.

I am incredibly healthy, I don't drink, don't smoke, eat a great diet - no junk and plenty of veg - and I still get tons of outbreaks.

I agree it is hardly a major thing, it is just like having a zit or an ingrown hair, but it is annoying. Especially when my sister also has genital hsv-1 and didn't get her second outbreak after her primary for 6 years :-(

OopsNowWhat

Same boat here kinda. Only 1 OB. My problem is telling some1. Which all steams from previous trust issues.

GntiNh
Same boat here kinda. Only 1 OB. My problem is telling some1. Which all steams from previous trust issues.

Trust issues - that would be a good posting

OopsNowWhat
Trust issues - that would be a good posting

What do you mean?

GntiNh
What do you mean?

Trust is the basis for all relationships. We all carry baggage if trust has been broken.

foxyloxy25

I have been very lucky in the trust direction.

I have told about 10 people, and they have all been great about it, including the men. Everyone reacted really positively and said things like it was 'only a cold sore', 'it isn't a big deal' etc etc. Every single person has been great, my male friends, my female friends...

In fact the only exception was my parents, who were considerate, but worried about things like if they would catch it if I used their bathroom, and once my mother made an accidental comment about my sister (who also has it) saying she couldn't imagine how anyone would want to go near her again, and she wouldn't go near someone with GH. Then she realised who she had actually said this to and said she 'didn't mean it' and she didn't want me to misinterpret it. Oh well. I have to accept they are older and of a different generation. My own parents are the only people who have ever been negative about it though.

OopsNowWhat

99% of my life I've been lied to, I just found out my mom does more dope than I do.

LivingLife77

Wow NICE!

Ok I was diagnosed in december of 08, 2 days before Christmas...merry freaking christmas to me right? Well so on, I had only 1 OB since my outbreak. I am feeling great. I don't even remember that I have it sometimes. It's been great. The great thing is, I have talked to so many people and they tell me they have coldsores and I tell them I do to, but I sometimes get them down there, and they are like damn that really sucks!!! It's like people don't even care anymore. I still take percautions when I'm having sex, I always use a condom. I just don't want to pass it on and you know what I HAVEN'T!!!!! I am feeling so great, I am so healthy, I haven't been sick in almost a year...it's been great. I'm taking care of myself, and I know I am healthy. I work out 4 times a week and I take my vitamins. I feel like a new person. I just want the newbies who read this to know that have H is not going to kill you, yes it sucks...but in the end you will learn to just ignore it and move one. H doesn't have to ruin your life, and you can make yourself a better person after all. I hope we can find a cure, but if we can't o well, I just feel soooo great and I wanted to share...

Sweetheart87

Great post. I wish it was that simple for me.

TinyCHILD

MY friend the idea for get less OB is to stay positive, stress causes OB and no one wants that. eat healthy and stay in shape!

OopsNowWhat

Marijuana is the answer. Marijuana relieves stress which will prevent/reduce outbreaks.

Prinny973

no outbreaks

Have herpes for 7 months and no outbreaks so far...so cool so far. Hope that bitch stays that way...lol