World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
blackheartedlove

Missed dose of Acyclovir

blackheartedlove

okay so yesterday i went to a pool party and totally forgot my second dose of acyclovir that i usually take around 6 pm. when i remembered it was already time for the dose before i go to bed (midnight). well today i feel a little itchy. is it in my head? have any of you experienced this? or could it be the chlorine from the pool? ugh. i just had an OB and it just healed, i don't feel like experiencing another!!!!

thanks.

lizabeth

it might be in your head... are you feeling better? I've missed a dose before and didn't experience the same, but I was at the end of my OB... I did double up for missing and that was a HUGE mistake!!! It caused, in me, urinary retention

blackheartedlove

yeah i am already at the end of my OB. however, i am starting my period around friday, and i read that for some women that can be a trigger??

because last month around the time before i started my period i felt itchy. and this was prior to learning i had H.

and yeah i read that it isn't a good idea to double up!!

regret

you may feell itching from missing a dosage, but thats ok, and if your getting your period that can bring it on also..it may mean your getting ready for another ob if your period is coming

compassion

Can missing just one does of medication really cause an outbreak?!

That seems so extreme . . . wouldn't your body's immune system

be able to handle it for a day or so?

That just scares me.

I recently started on medication, and was diagnosed

not too long ago, so am trying to figure out what life will be with this . . .

I cannot afford medication long-term, and am not dealing well mentally and emotionally with this, which makes the physical end all the more difficult.

I hate the thought of needing medication in order to control this - hate the idea of it being stronger than our own bodies and immune systems - hate that it can control us like this . . .

blackheartedlove

i really hope that missing that one dose doesn't cause an OB.

this just sucks. i am new to this as well.

ugh, it is just frustrating more than anything.

thanks guys for the responses.

blackheartedlove
you may feell itching from missing a dosage, but thats ok, and if your getting your period that can bring it on also..it may mean your getting ready for another ob if your period is coming

so do some women experience OB every month with their period? that seems so crappy!!!

regret

yes some women experience an outbreak once a month due to their period,but after the first year it should get better

BEAUTIFULLYDAMAGEDMAMA

Suppressives

My results came in in June, Positive for Herpes 2 with 1.17 score and only had one outbreak back in May and it was just one bump. I am going to start on suppressives, but still dont know if I should wait and let my body fight it off naturally. Who all is on suppressives?

Neverwouldathunkit

I am on Acyclovir, and I have missed taking my medication during this most recent OB. Of course, this is only my second OB. However, missing one day didn't seem to really affect me much. However, on the second day, I started to notice that I had maybe missed a dose....

As for suppression, I couldn't say. I take mine at the sign of an outbreak, and there has been a four month lapse since my initial OB. I would not think that missing one dose would initiate another outbreak though.

blackheartedlove

thank you guys for answering!!

i think i am just stressing too much over it.

i am taking lysine and garlic pills daily. i hope that helps.