World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
inLOVEwLIFE

HSV-2 & High Risk HPV..YIKESS!

inLOVEwLIFE

HSV-2 and High Risk HPV. my life SUCKS!!! NOTT. LOL

I've had high risk HPV since 2006 and was recently diagnosed with HSV-2 this past winter. No, I'm not some crazy sex fiend that had sex with 100 men...it was simply the hand I was dealt. Having these STDs has made me a stronger person, I'll admit in the beginning I thought life was shitty (espeically during my first outbreak PHEWWW!! thank GOD that's over with) and didn't understand why I had to be another statistic but I've learned to really love life and accept these STDS. But one thing I have to say is...TAKE YOUR VITAMINS PEOPLE!!! I've been prescribed Valtrex for when I feel like I'm getting an outbreak but I haven't taken it in months. As far as vitamin supplements I take a Women's MultiVitamin, Vitamin C 1000mg, BComplex 50, and Folic Acid 400mg, so far I have been outbreak free *KNOCK ON WOOD*! Just some food for thought people!!!

junebug

Good for you!

"HSV-2 and High Risk HPV. my life SUCKS!!! NOTT. LOL

I've had high risk HPV since 2006 and was recently diagnosed with HSV-2 this past winter. No, I'm not some crazy sex fiend that had sex with 100 men...it was simply the hand I was dealt. "

...and I don't think you're the only one with both viruses . . . not by a long shot! I think a lot of people just don't know it. I think you're on to something I feel is very true with these viruses . . . take good care of yourself, proper rest, nutrition, exercise and top it off with a good attitude and your immune system can pretty much handle these viruses and keep them in check. Who knows . . .you may actually eliminate the HPV in the near future! Best wishes!

chooseyourbattles

I have HSV-2 and low-risk HPV.

andli

usually hpv will be cleared in between 8 months to 2 years in healthy ppl.

i have both virus also............

tinks

I don't have HPV but i was told by a nurse (UK) that 90% of us have it at some point, some with symptoms the majority without. And that the immune system takes care of it very well.

Don't know how much of that is true, since they also told me I'd given myself GH!!!:mrgreen:

Tinksx

Lookonthesunnyside

Yep I had some low grade cell changes which my doc told me were most likely caused by hpv, but never actually tested me. I found that out last October (a month or so after my herpes diagnosis, and was definitely like wow give me a break!!), but my last pap showed that it had cleared itself up. As long as hpv is monitored and controlled it really is no biggie, and usually goes away anyways. And same, I havent slept with a lot of people, but with common stds like herpes and hpv it really doesnt matter, its pretty much down to luck. I'm sure a loottt of people have both.

I'm glad you have such a positive attitude!

And yeah, I'm also done with Valtrex and have just been vigilant about taking all my vitamins and trying to stay healthy/stress free (as much as that's possible). I take b12, salmon oil, calcium + magnesium, and iron. Maybe I should add a multi-vitamin also...

Lookonthesunnyside

wondering

And tinks...what do you mean they said you had given yourself genital herpes? That you had spread it from oral to genital?

tinks

Yup, they said "we can see it's about 13 months since you last had sex so therefore you've probably given it to yourself":roll:

It was only later that night that i realised that id had the primary with my last partner, and that i had had no ob's from that time till the one i went to the clinic about.

Tx