World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ihaveherpes1and2

100th day IGg Test results

ihaveherpes1and2

Hi all,

I have a question, i went for my 100th day blood test since contracting Herpes. The scores were as follow

Herpes 1 3300

Herpes 2 488

What does this mean ? why is my Herpes 1 score so high ? and why is herpes 2 score so low ? is something wrong with me ? prior to this test i took like 2 tablets of Virless.

ntdc

I assume virless is some kind of herbal thing it could not have effectied it. What kind of test is it im not familiar with that score. I assume it is not a herpeselect. Anyway the numbers will differ every time you are tested it is not terribly indicitive of anything . As long as both are well within the positive range of the test then you are assuredly still positive

ihaveherpes1and2

HERPES TYPE 1 IGG (gG) 3355 UNITS/ML

INTERPRETATION (UNITS/ML)

NEGATIVE < 250

GREY ZONE 250-400

POSITIVE > 400

HERPES TYPE 2 IGG (gG) 488 UNITS/ML

INTERPRETATION (UNITS/ML)

NEGATIVE < 250

GREY ZONE 250-300

POSITIVE > 300

IF GREY ZONE FINDINGS, SUGGEST REPEAT IN 2 WEEKS.

This is the printing on my result sheet. Virless is "Acyclovir" drug made in Singapore. In the period of 100 days, i only had 2 tablet. I took it because my doc asked me to, but since i didnt have any breakouts, so i stopped taking it.

Im posting this because when the doc looked at my numbers, he looked worried. So now I AM worried too. Is something wrong with me ? does a low numbers means my body is not producing enough antibody to fight the HSV 2 virus ? or does a high number means there are tooo much virus in me that my body is struggling to cope with. I need to add that the doc i went to is an ordinary clinic doctor. Not an STD expert.

ntdc

I am not a doctor or STD expert but the titer numbers do not indicate much they will change with repeated testing and over time. A high number may mean an active or recent outbreak. If you have enough antibodies to be detected as positive on the test then your immune system is working fine in that regard.

I am not familiar with this specific test, but the most common test used in the US has a margin of false positives for those infected with HSV-1. If you never had any genital symptoms you may want to try a retest at some point in the future.

No the acyclovir would not have affected the test.

ihaveherpes1and2

thank you, i will retest in the future and update. Thank you again