World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
memyselfI

pubic hair area irritated

memyselfI

First off, let me inform you that I've had herpes 2 since May 07 and it has become bearable to live with.

However, for the last few weeks I have had experienced some itching in the pubic hair area... whatever, didn't think too much about it because it was sparse and didn't bother me that much. I did just get my period tonight but the itching and the reddness has gotten worse overtime. I've researched it online, looking at pictures, definitions, etc. and I can not even diagnose myself. Could this possibly be herpes gone wild or what!?!! My outbreaks usually don't become apparent like this they are lower and more like the papercut kind... I know the answer is go to the doctor but that means finding a new doctor for me (for several reasons) and then do i go to a regular doctor (a bit clueless I must say <my exp>) an obgyn? (they don't seem to know less regarding herpes surprisingly <my exp>), or a dermatoligist (haven't tried this route yet). Oh I do not want to go to a doctor!!!!! :roll:

Of course I appreciate any and all feed back!!

Thanks gang!

Love,

meme

p.s. I usually shave to groom this area but I havn't in sometime (except on the sides a bit of course - which hasn't seem to have helped or hindered this red itchy crap that is bothering me more and more...)

n2beme4

Hmmm......well, it could be the hair that is growing out could be bothering your skin. (Is it specifically where you ARE NOT shaving?) Because I found when I switched to a new razor the little "lotion strip" irritated my skin and made me itchy but it wasn't and did not turn in to herpes.

That being said, have you had a new partner lately who might have given you something? I'm sorry, that is a personal question, it's just something I would consider if it were me.

I can tell you that it is completely possible for your symptoms to change. I have had the paper cut look and over the years, had other types of ob that look different. Do you have any other symptoms at all such as, flu-like or burning or discharge?

Unless you think you have something new, I wouldn't go to the doctor. For me, I already know I have gh. It has presented itself differently over the years and as long as I see something out of the ordinary, I simply behave as if I have an ob.

What a drag! I hope it goes away for you soon.

GntiNh

It could be lots of things. Obs unfortunately do seem to change with time, no idea why - sorry.

One thought, it could be something to do with the shaving. If you were always shaved before, but now you aren't you could have ingrowing hairs.

I had a time (before GHSV1) that I couldn't shave due to a back problem - ie I couldn't reach. When I could eventually I had several ingrowing hairs.

I had a similar problem after my first ob, obviously I didn't shave during it and I was very worried about doing after I healed incase it would trigger another ob. It didn't but I did have two ingrowing hairs.

This is abit graphic but I discovered I could see the difference. The ingrowing hair was visable through the skin, like a small pencil line. Slightly raised. I "popped" it and the hair was really long, nearly a cm. I plucked it out and the base was swollen and had puss on it.

My herpes blisters were just that, leaking paperlike cuts. And they happened where that wasn't a hair in the middle of it.

I hope you get some relief soon

memyselfI

thanks for responding!

Yeah, I don't know except I can't stand the itch... it could just seem so much worse because I have a terrible period.

Its not a new std because I'm practically a virgin again since I haven't had intercourse or anything close since I started with the outbreak in May 07.

...that's a whole 'nother issue. That is a long time for no intamacy in ones life (woe is me) I've been talking to a normal guy (who ins't from the h sites) I almost wonder if that is what is causeing this unusual won't-go-away 'outbreak?' because I don't know if I could consider hooking up with someone who doesn't have it..... how could I considering giving this to someone i care about with the off chance that they (he) would want to see me anyway knowing I have herpes.... Now I'm being a total bitch to him and he doesn't get it ....it was so wrong of me to get into this situation again when I know I'm going to just fear himaway in unhealthy meauseres. God please remove this self-ish ego insane bitch from me (ME) and let me only put others first... Amen

Prayer of Saint Francis:

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;

where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury, pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,

grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;

to be understood, as to understand;

to be loved, as to love;

for it is in giving that we receive,

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,

and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

Amen.

memyselfI

oh and because I touch peoples bed sheets alot

I thought it could be crabs.. although no sexual parnters i work in a nursing hoem rehab place and touch/change peoples bedding all the time. I read you can get it this way but... oh whatever, I think I'll just chalk it up to gh, tell this guy that I can not date him take some ibprofen and get over myself.

Thanks again

:cry: meme

AnonGirl
I thought it could be crabs.. although no sexual parnters i work in a nursing hoem rehab place and touch/change peoples bedding all the time. I read you can get it this way but... oh whatever, I think I'll just chalk it up to gh, tell this guy that I can not date him take some ibprofen and get over myself.

Thanks again

:cry: meme

Concerning the guy... I know this isn't specifically what you asked for (Advice, I mean) but just because you have herpes doesn't mean you have to get and stay out of the game. It's his choice whether or not he wants to risk it, and just cutting yourself off from dating is not the way to go :/

Blueskies

Meme,

It could be you have folliculitis which is where the hair follicles somehow become inflamed and irritated and can look like they are puss filled or pimples. Also, there is a chance it is a fungal or bacterial infection. Probably not a yeast infection unless you have white discharge. Try using Tea Tree Oil which might help and go to the doctors and ask for a culture to be done of all three. If it isn't any of those then herpes is known to be of rash form.

Cheers,

Blue

memyselfI

thanks!

I think it was folliculitis.... I don't know if its gone or was HGW (Herpes gone wild) or what but it might have even been the running shorts I was wearing. I've been stressed lately (I always am it seems) and have been running more (and eating more and getting fat ...but I digress)... so anyway, I shaved the junk off shortly after my last post (and haven't ran :( ...maybe tonight yet!!) and haven't exp any itches or INFLAMATION.

Love you guys tons! Thank God for this site!

We are not Alone!!

meme