World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
chooseaname

Hi, I'm new

chooseaname

Hi. I'm new to this site. I made a post a couple of days ago, but now I do not see it. Could it have gotten deleted? I'm not sure how all of this works. I don't have time to re-tell my background info right now, but i have one question. About two weeks ago i had my first coldsore. (have in mind i have already been diagnosed with genital herpes though i am usually asymptomatic). i took the meds for the coldsore and it went away. yesterday, after it was fully healed, i shared a cigarette with somebody. then this morning when i woke up, i had another one. is it possible that i could have transmitted it through saliva on the cigarette even though the cold sore was not present yet at the time? any ideas as to why all of a sudden I am getting 2 in a row when I've never had one as long as I've had herpes......? Thank you!

Bella18

youre body is adjusting to the virus. i would take a daily suppressive like valtrex.

it will help take care of that for you. its almost kind of a nightmare to never know when an outbreak will occur, but valtrex helps lower the outbreaks. eating better, drinking lots of water, getting enough sleep. what helps prevent outbreaks for me is monitering my health. making sure, i am healthy.

its worked for the most part. theyre will always be those days..

TinyCHILD

Hi. I'm new to this site. I made a post a couple of days ago, but now I do not see it. Could it have gotten deleted? I'm not sure how all of this works. I don't have time to re-tell my background info right now, but i have one question. About two weeks ago i had my first coldsore. (have in mind i have already been diagnosed with genital herpes though i am usually asymptomatic). i took the meds for the coldsore and it went away. yesterday, after it was fully healed, i shared a cigarette with somebody. then this morning when i woke up, i had another one. is it possible that i could have transmitted it through saliva on the cigarette even though the cold sore was not present yet at the time? any ideas as to why all of a sudden I am getting 2 in a row when I've never had one as long as I've had herpes......? Thank you!

As long as your sharing anything that your put in your month, you are not letting the healing begin. Alot of poeple have cold sores (herpes type 2 known as COLD SORES) and don't even know it! youre never fully healed, the symptom waits and it can trigger at any time.

chooseaname

i am not sure i understand. does this mean i should continue having this ongoing panic attack that i could have ruined somebodys life last night because i shared something with them even though I had absolutely no signs of herpes or coldsores anywhere on my body? AHHHH.

chooseaname

also ive been taking valtrex... i started taking them as soon as i had the first coldsore two weeks ago and took them daily until a few days after it was entirely cleared up. then a day or two after i stopped taking them because it was gone was when i shared the cigarette. now today, it is BACK! i began the valtrex immediately. should i be worried????

TinyCHILD

Taking your med daily its a good idea but there are still rissk on transferring it on. Your med wont protect you 100%. you should wait atleast a week after a OB before sharing or doing anything.

Shayna

Hi there chooseaname, and welcome to the forum!

You can go up to the "quicklink" button and click "subscribed posts" to find all of the posts you have made or responded to. I doubt your posts have been deleted. We only delete under certain circumstances, duplicate posts or flamming/bashing posts, so no worries ;).

As far as sharing cups or cigarettes, I just wouldn't do it anymore. It will likely always cause you anxiety and worry. People understand when someone simply says "no thank you", I doubt they'd give it another thought.

The links to the right of this page have great info! Read "spreading and preventing" to help you understand more about transmittion.

Take care and try to relax ;)

chooseaname

So even If I am long in between cold sores I can't share anything? That seems crazy. Because if I cant share a cup or a joint, how am I supposed to kiss someone? I am in college. Sorry if you or anyone has a problem with this, but I smoke weed. If I can't smoke with other people, then I will pretty much have no social life. WTF?

Shayna
So even If I am long in between cold sores I can't share anything? That seems crazy. Because if I cant share a cup or a joint, how am I supposed to kiss someone? I am in college. Sorry if you or anyone has a problem with this, but I smoke weed. If I can't smoke with other people, then I will pretty much have no social life. WTF?

Ya know what, I didn't mean to make it sound like you can never share anything again. I'm sorry! I thought you were still healing from an outbreak and discovered another one starting the next day. (The heat is getting to me) I meant that you shouldn't be sharing while you were healing from an outbreak.

Most of the community here just want to learn and share about their hsv, I don't think anyone wants to judge you for smoking weed, no worries.

Chooseaname, read the link on "spreading and preventing", that should help answer your questions.

Also, your social and romantic life isn't over! Especially given the fact that so many people already have hsv1, and ya can't catch it twice.

TinyCHILD
Ya know what, I didn't mean to make it sound like you can never share anything again. I'm sorry! I thought you were still healing from an outbreak and discovered another one starting the next day. (The heat is getting to me) I meant that you shouldn't be sharing while you were healing from an outbreak.

Most of the community here just want to learn and share about their hsv, I don't think anyone wants to judge you for smoking weed, no worries.

Chooseaname, read the link on "spreading and preventing", that should help answer your questions.

Also, your social and romantic life isn't over! Especially given the fact that so many people already have hsv1, and ya can't catch it twice.

Lol speaking of the heat dang isn't it getting hotter and hotter each year.. sorry for out of topic.

TinyCHILD

Lol speaking of the heat dang isn't it getting hotter and hotter each year.. sorry for out of topic.