World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
bcpskull

toothpaste?

bcpskull

I read on another forum that toothpaste "does wonders." Well, I had an OB starting last night and before I went to bed I tried the toothpaste. This morning I checked everything out and the swelling is down, but still barely apparent, and there are no signs of the little bumps that appeared last night. I have reapplied the toothpaste so I will se what happens later.

JBnATL

Never heard that remedy

I read on another forum that toothpaste "does wonders." Well, I had an OB starting last night and before I went to bed I tried the toothpaste. This morning I checked everything out and the swelling is down, but still barely apparent, and there are no signs of the little bumps that appeared last night. I have reapplied the toothpaste so I will se what happens later.

And I have had this gift for 22 years.

I wonder if the brand and type of toothpaste matter?

JB :mrgreen:

ntdc

As I posted in one of the other threads one of the "herbal " herpes treatments Medavir is stannous fluoride a common ingredient in toothpaste. There is some anecdotal evidence from dentists and a few lab studies indicating that it may kill herpes. I would think any toothpaste that does not contain flouride is probably no more effective than placebo

redyellowpurpleblue

As I posted in one of the other threads one of the "herbal " herpes treatments Medavir is stannous fluoride a common ingredient in toothpaste. There is some anecdotal evidence from dentists and a few lab studies indicating that it may kill herpes. I would think any toothpaste that does not contain flouride is probably no more effective than placebo

no way to put the flouride down my ganglia then :(

sounds much cheaper than drugs

bcpskull

I still had an OB last night, however it wasnt as bad. Swelling was much less and no stinging, itching etc. I still continued the toothpaste last night and this morning. As for now, slight swelling and no signs of an OB...:D

CR25

this sounds promising....but can I really put toothpaste on my vagina?

bcpskull

The other forum where I received the information from, was from a female. So, I suppose so...being a male it hasnt hurt me. There is some slight tingling at first, but not painful by any means.

alexthomas

Is it any particular type of toothpaste or some specific ingredient in them?

Soraya1

Worth a try. Even if it doesn't work, at least one will be minty-fresh down there. :-)

Can one apply it with an electric toothbrush, do you think? Again, :-)

Thanks, this post has made me smile (even if that was not the intention)

Soraya x

cheaterssuck

My understanding is that the ingredient in the toothpast is the sodium lauryl sulfate that kills the sore. I haven't seen anything about flouirde helping. My reading on the subject said that HSV is in a type of "envelope" and it cannot be killed until the envelope is destroyed. The sodium lauryl sulfate removes the "envelope" and kills the virus, also preventing it from spreading to other areas. I rarely get outbreaks but I just got my first one in three years. I am going to apply toothpaste before bed and I will update if there are positive results. So far I have applied apple cider vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. I have been putting it on a cotton ball and bandaging it over the sore. I think that it has prevented spreading because of less skin rubbing but it still isn't working fast enough for me.

SillySlappa

what type hsv1

Do you have genital hsv 1 or oral hsv 1 or do you have hsv 2??

I have ghsv1 would toothpaste be safe to use down there? what type of toothpaste are you using?

let me know how you go :)

:cool:

Research Puppet

Alright, i have toothpaste on my penis... Didnt see this one coming, i gotta tell you that. :p I hope it works!

writemegirl

Medavir costs around $80 as compared to Flo-Gel or Gel-Kam at around $20 for the same amount. Medavir is a rip off. If the toothpaste works, stick with that. It's obviously cheaper. I might try it for my next OB.

ILikeMusic

Music Guy, please keep us posted on how it works, thanks :)

ILikeMusic

I just discovered my facewash has Sodium Laureth Sulfate (the same as Lauryl?) as the second ingredient after water.

"CVS daily pore cleanser" just an fyi if anyone is interested.

music4life

ladies , PLEASE do not use toothpaste in your genital area , its not fun !